Citizenship and Sustainability
The vitality of a business is closely linked to the health of the markets and communities in which it operates. So it is important for us to care for the markets and communities we rely on to operate our business. This is the primary motivation behind our sustainability efforts, both for our own company and in support of our clients’ sustainability objectives.
Chief Executive Officer
Being a responsible corporate citizen is woven into Nielsen's DNA. Our global teams work together to have an uncommon impact in the marketplaces and communities where we live and serve. Our Global Citizenship and Sustainability Council, which launched in 2014 and comprises a cross-functional leadership team, aligns new and existing initiatives to ensure that Nielsen is continuously making progress in all areas of long-term citizenship and sustainability.
Our Citizenship and Sustainability Pillars
Public Development & Sustainability
We help corporate, nonprofit and government clients improve their social impact and outcomes through measurement and insights that drive faster and smarter decision-making.
Diversity & Inclusion
It’s not just a goal, but a global business imperative. It’s about each of us embracing the talents and ideas of people with different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives to drive our continued success in providing clients with the information they need to succeed.
We continuously identify and advocate for more sustainable options through operational efficiencies, all in an effort to manage and reduce Nielsen’s effect on the environment.
- Companies Looking to Boost Their Reputations Should Look Inward
- Uncommon Sense: Are Companies Truly Committed to Social Responsibility?
- Nielsen TV: The Value of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Tracking Tactics: Sustainability Practices That Lead to Sales
- Sustainable Selections: How Socially Responsible Companies Are Turning a Profit
- Quantifying the Market Power of Households With Intellectual Disabilities
Nielsen in the News
- The New Competitive Advantage
- Chicago Sun-Times highlights Nielsen associates in Chicago
- 5 Things You Should Know About Using Data for Good (Points of Light)
- Nielsen Celebrates Pro Bono Week 2015 (Nielsen)
- Doing Good with Data (Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship)
- Using Big Data to Advance Social Missions, Q&A with Nielsen (Points of Light)