Citizenship and Sustainability
The vitality of a business is closely linked to the health of the markets and communities in which it operates. So it is important for us to care for the markets and communities we rely on to operate our business. This is the primary motivation behind our sustainability efforts, both for our own company and in support of our clients’ sustainability objectives.
Chief Executive Officer
Being a responsible corporate citizen is woven into Nielsen's DNA. Our global teams work together to have an uncommon impact in the marketplaces and communities where we live and serve. Our Global Citizenship and Sustainability Council, which launched in 2014 and comprises a cross-functional leadership team, aligns new and existing initiatives to ensure that Nielsen is continuously making progress in all areas of long-term citizenship and sustainability.
Our Citizenship and Sustainability Pillars
Public Development & Sustainability
We help corporate, nonprofit and government clients improve their social impact and outcomes through measurement and insights that drive faster and smarter decision-making.
Diversity & Inclusion
It’s not just a goal, but a global business imperative. It’s about each of us embracing the talents and ideas of people with different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives to drive our continued success in providing clients with the information they need to succeed.
We continuously identify and advocate for more sustainable options through operational efficiencies, all in an effort to manage and reduce Nielsen’s effect on the environment.
- Quantifying the Market Power of Households With Intellectual Disabilities
- Real-Time Data: How Mobile Surveys Give Voice to Factory Workers and Drive Better Working Conditions
- Socially Minded: The Causes Men and Women Value
- In the Know: Identifying Consumer Segments Can Help Nonprofits Reach Donors
- Nielsen TV: The Rewards of Being Socially Responsible
- Nielsen TV: The Importance of Social Responsibility is Growing Among Global Consumers
Nielsen in the News
- Nielsen & World Food Programme Pro Bono Collaboration (Conference Board)
- World Food Programme & Nielsen Revolutionize Mobile Data Collection (CECP)
- Nielsen Shares Passion for STEM with U.S. Students (Nielsen)
- The Shriver Report Snapshot: Insight Into Intellectual Disabilities in the 21st Century (Shriver Report)
- Using Data to Make an Uncommon Impact (Context)
- Strength in Numbers: More than 22,000 Volunteer on Fourth-Annual Nielsen Global Impact Day (Nielsen)