The vitality of a business is closely linked to the health of the markets and communities in which it operates. So it is important for us to care for the markets and communities we rely on to operate our business. This is the primary motivation behind our sustainability efforts, both for our own company and in support of our clients’ sustainability objectives.
Chief Executive Officer
Being a responsible corporate citizen is woven into Nielsen's DNA. Our global teams work together to have an uncommon impact in the marketplaces and communities where we live and serve. Our Global Citizenship and Sustainability Council, which launched in 2014 and comprises a cross-functional leadership team, aligns new and existing initiatives to ensure that Nielsen is continuously making progress in all areas of long-term citizenship and sustainability.
Corporate Responsibility at Nielsen
We continuously identify and advocate for more sustainable options through operational efficiencies, all in an effort to manage and reduce Nielsen’s effect on the environment.
Global Responsibility Report
The Nielsen Global Responsibility Report covers the environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues that are critical to Nielsen’s business and operations in more than 100 countries around the world. The report provides clients, employees and investors with a comprehensive look at Nielsen’s strategic direction, priorities and forward-looking goals.
- Data for Sustainable Development: Collaboration Brings New Insights on Future Human Needs
- Greener Cleaners: Global Consumers Get Naturally Clean
- Companies Looking to Boost Their Reputations Should Look Inward
- Uncommon Sense: Are Companies Truly Committed to Social Responsibility?
- Nielsen TV: The Value of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Tracking Tactics: Sustainability Practices That Lead to Sales
Nielsen in the News
- Building CSR into the Culture of Your Company Pays Dividends (Versaic)
- Research Highlights Variations in Food Costs Throughout the U.S. (Feeding America)
- How Can Data Drive Decision-Making in Corporate Responsibility? (Nielsen)
- Skills-Based Volunteering Benefits Companies, Nonprofits and Employees (Nielsen Local)
- How Data Can Drive Decision-Making in Corporate Responsibility (TriplePundit)
- Nielsen Global Impact Day: A YourCause Case Study (CSR Connect)