The overall advertising environment in 2009 was fairly gloomy with slashed budgets and revised strategies to address the new reality. However, that didn’t stop the industry from evolving, and the lessons learned will likely pay-off in the year ahead. For example, advertisers started to look at the need for accountability metrics beyond the simple “click-through” and on to campaign-specific performance. They also started to embrace burgeoning social networks and consumer generated media to bring consumers closer to a product or brand.
Top Advertising Trends for 2010
2010 U.S. Outlook
Part 1: Cross Media
- Big Screen, Smart Screen, Small Screen: Top 5 Cross-Media Trends
- You Can Take It With You: Future Trends In Media
Part 2: Consumer
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner - Top 5 Consumer Goods Spending Trends
- Innovation Creates Opportunities for CPG Growth
- Aging Puts a Wrinkle in U.S. Marketplace
Part 3: Advertising
- Talking Back - Top Five Advertising Trends
- Get Ready for the Audience-Centric Web
- What Would John Wanamaker Say Today?