Effective date: November 2016
THE NIELSEN COMPANY
Notice - Management of Applicant Data - Taleo
Please read this Notice carefully. By submitting application information at this website, you consent to Nielsen's collection and use of Applicant Data as described below.
- About The Nielsen Company. Nielsen Holdings plc (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Nielsen Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content, including video, audio and text, is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement. By integrating data from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com. This Statement applies to The Nielsen Company and any one or all of its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, "Nielsen" or "we"); a list of Nielsen subsidiaries with contact details is available at www.nielsen.com. The Human Resources Department may be reached by email at email@example.com.
- Purpose and Function of Taleo. Taleo is a human resource recruiting software program hosted on servers owned by the Oracle Corp. Applicants can create a profile and submit their resume and application through Taleo's software. Oracle is located within the United States and participates in the EU-US Privacy Shield framework initially certifying on 8/31/2016.
- Data collection. Your submission of your application and related data is entirely voluntary. As part of the application process, Nielsen will collect data about you, including what you submit on application forms, your resume and other documents. Such data may initially include, but is not limited to, your name, address, telephone, email address, date of birth, social security or other identifying number, gender, occupation, education level and income. If Nielsen considers your application or extends an offer of employment, Nielsen may collect certain additional data either directly from you or from third parties (e.g., background checks, where allowed by local law). Data about you that we receive from you or others in connection with your application is referred to in this Privacy Statement as "Applicant Data."
We may collect and retain Applicant Data manually or electronically, and electronic data collection may not always be obvious to you. For example, email servers may retain emails received and sent. When Applicant Data is collected on a Nielsen website, we may use cookie technology to facilitate your use of our online application processes. When you visit our site, your browser automatically sends us an Internet Protocol address and certain other data, including the type of browser you use. Our cookies on this site are used solely to facilitate your online experience, and are not used to make employment-related decisions. Our cookies on this site expire within 24 hours. You may choose to modify your Internet browser settings to decline our cookie, but that may hinder or prevent your use of our online employment application tools.
Your use of the Taleo program is entirely voluntary, and requires entering data into the Taleo-hosted environment. Your data will be processed in and thereafter stored on a local server in an Oracle facility in the U.S. Applicant Data may be reviewed by recruiters located in all parts of the world; some recruiters are full-time Nielsen employees and some are outside contractors.
Use of Applicant Data.
Nielsen may use Applicant Data to communicate with you in writing or by telephone or online, to evaluate your application, to analyze Nielsen staffing needs and practices, or otherwise to efficiently manage the Nielsen hiring process and employee administration. We may combine Applicant Data with research tools and data from other sources.
- Accuracy of Applicant Data. From time to time, Nielsen may ask you to review and update the Applicant Data we hold about you.
- Right to Access Personal Data. You may access and correct your Applicant Data by logging into Taleo and updating it. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive more detailed information about the data gathered about you, the categories and purposes of processing of your data and to whom your data has been transmitted. If you have received a preliminary offer of employment, you can log in to verify your data, consent to a background verification, if applicable, and e-sign a disclosure. We are required by applicable laws to retain information relating to candidates applying for jobs. Applicant Data will be retained in accordance with local law. Nielsen may remove inactive Applicant Data from its database (including your CV/résumé), subject to Nielsen's data retention obligations and policies and any applicable laws, or retain it for the purpose of considering whether your skills are suitable for other opportunities. Please retain your own copy of the personal information provided to us.
- Data disclosures. Applicant Data is controlled primarily (but not exclusively) by Human Resources Department staff, and may be stored electronically or in hard copy. Other staff involved in hiring or information management also may have access to some or all Applicant Data, as may senior management. To achieve the objectives described above, and because we are part of a larger group of companies operating internationally, we may from time to time make Applicant Data available to other companies within the Nielsen family of companies. Also, we may from time to time make Applicant Data available to legal and regulatory authorities (such as labor and tax authorities), to our accountants, auditors, lawyers and other outside professional advisers, and to parties providing products or services to us (such as IT systems suppliers, and human resources consultants). Notwithstanding any other provision of this Statement, we also may disclose Applicant Data to any third party when disclosure is required by law, or desirable to permit us to exercise our legal rights or take action regarding illegal activities, or to protect the safety of any person. If all or part of our company is sold, merged, or otherwise transferred to another entity, we may transfer Applicant Data as part of that transaction.
- Storage, transfers and security of Applicant Data. We may store Applicant Data for as long as needed for the purposes indicated in this Privacy Statement, but in any event not longer than permitted by local law from the date of collection unless you become employed by Nielsen, in which case a different retention period may apply. Records not specifically designated as Applicant Data may have different retention periods (e.g., email server records of emails received or sent). As stated above, Applicant Data are processed in and thereafter stored on a local server in an Oracle facility in the United States. We have in place certain security measures to protect the confidentiality of Applicant Data (such as firewalls to protect servers), but the storage and communication of personal data cannot always be completely secure.
- We do not knowingly collect application information from children under age 13.
- We may change this Careers Privacy Statement. This Careers Privacy Statement supersedes and replaces any other statement we may have made to you about Nielsen's collection and use of Applicant Data. We reserve the right to update and make material changes to this Careers Privacy Statement and to our practices in handling Applicant Data to the extent permitted by applicable law. You may view the currently effective version of this Careers Privacy Statement any time online at www.nielsen.com, or you may request a copy by contacting a Human Resources Department representative at email@example.com.
- This Statement applies only to Applicant Data.