Assortment and Space Optimization
Get it Right: Product, Store, Shelf
Nielsen is the first to offer an integrated, analytically-modeled Assortment and Space Optimization (ASO) as a cloud-based solution. We recognize the inextricable link between assortment and physical space, bringing speed, accuracy and simplicity to otherwise complex processes.
Our end-to-end solution delivers integrated content, powerful analytics and software applications — from manufacturer strategic planning through store-level execution — to address the breadth of manufacturer needs with their retail partners, all in one platform.
The ASO engine is fueled by Nielsen’s comprehensive data services through a SaaS architecture. It seamlessly integrates with your existing enterprise solutions allowing you to quickly gain flexibility and scale in market. This robust system leverages both retailer and market data while harnessing a combination of capabilities including assortment planning, merchandising strategy, planogram management, automation and workflow services.
Maximize Category Demand While Minimizing Out-of-stock
Become an assortment expert and partner, arming you with intimate knowledge of how the category is performing according to actual data —distribution, sales by segment, trends, etc.— leveraging Assortman model diagnostics. An imported planogram can be used as a starting point.
Scenario Building, Analysis and Comparison
Create scenarios and assess potential category versus current category state by testing the impact of different parameter settings before selecting an assortment for recommendation. You can utilize a fully-automated optimization, or choose to make manual refinements to include/exclude products.
Review progress against approved plans at the individual retailer level or across the broader market landscape.
Take advantage of our standalone solutions to meet all of your Assortment and Planogram needs
Desktop software that helps you quickly arrange products in ways that are both eye-catching and focused on maximum revenue generation. Use Spaceman to drive fact-based, consumer-centric merchandising and shelf space decisions that reflect how your customers shop.
- Manage planograms individually or in a group quickly and effectively
- Integrate analytics and store-level data to create merchandising strategy and design
- Identify opportunities to maximize returns and minimize out-of-stock
- Use the automation module to develop and deploy automatically-generated store-specific planograms quickly and at scale
A software tool to measure the incremental value when you make adjustments to your store assortment at the category, aisle and department levels. Quantify the real value added to your sales when you develop specific segments, brands and SKUs.
- Use predictive analytics to capture your assortment’s full demand potential
- Identify opportunities to drive category growth through changes in delivered assortment variety
- Gain insight into assortment response specific to regions, channels, banners and store clusters within channels