All Breakthrough Innovations pinpoint a compelling "job to be done"—an unmet consumer need or circumstance of struggle—which guides all stages of product development and strategy. Identifying the right "job" is perhaps the most difficult part of the process, but it's also the most essential to success.
How Nielsen can help you:
Job Shops are full day, high energy workshops that will help your teams identify clear "jobs to be done" for several innovations you are planning. They are a powerful way to embed the principles of Breakthrough Innovation in your organization’s innovation process, helping you achieve more consistent success.
- Enhance your teams’ ability to identify, develop and nurture winning consumer insights
- Walk away with valuable skills as well as a practical action plan for current projects
- Receive follow-up consultation and tools to refine your ideas
Demand Advisor combines proprietary consumer survey technologies and algorithms to identify unmet consumer needs and "jobs to be done" in your category and in adjacent categories. It then helps you stay true to your chosen "jobs" as you develop your concept, product and in-market communication support.
- Identify profitable, Breakthrough Innovation opportunities for your brands
- Better align your concept, package designs and communications with your key insight
- Gain an exhaustive, quantitative-based understanding of your category and competitors