Nielsen Consumer 360 App Engagement Contest (the “Contest”)
THERE IS NO FEE TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, RULE OR REGULATION. NOT OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. See “Contest Eligibility” section below for requirements.
Contest Eligibility. Open only to legal U.S. residents, 18 or over as of the Contest start date (see below) (“Eligible Entrants”). Employees of The Nielsen Company (US), LLC, and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries and agents, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such individuals, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win a prize. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age as of the date of entry; must attend the Nielsen Consumer 360 2015 Event between June 22, 2015 and June 24, 2015 (the “Event”); and must submit a valid entry. CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. If any personally identifiable information is provided by Eligible Entrants, it will be used only in accordance with the applicable Terms of Service.
By participating, Eligible Entrants accept and agree to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding.
1. Contest Period. The Contest period runs for three (3) consecutive days from Monday, June 22, 2015 at 8 am Eastern Time (ET) to Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 3 pm (ET). Entries for Eligible Entrants must be received and recorded by the Sponsor during the Contest Period for each day. The computer of the Sponsor is the official clock for this Contest.
2. How to Enter.
3. Prize Winner Determination Criteria.
Potential Prize Winners are determined by the aggregate number of points received for participating in the following activities.
During the Contest Period, Eligible Entrants shall earn points for participation in the activities as follows:
Action and Point Value
Potential Prize Winners. The three (3) Eligible Entrants with the highest aggregate point total, as determined by the Consumer 360 App leaderboard, at the conclusion of the Contest (“Potential Prize Winners”) shall be awarded the prizes described below, subject to eligibility requirements.
4. Contest Prizes.
Limit: One Prize per Potential Prize Winner.
5. Notification of Potential Prize Winners. Sponsor will notify each Potential Prize Winner by email to the email address used to register for the Event on or about Wednesday, June 24, 2015. Sponsor will attempt to contact winners up to three times. If any winner does not respond to email notification within five (5) calendar days of its transmission, or should the email be returned as undeliverable after three attempts, the prize will be forfeited.
All Potential Prize Winners must meet the requirements outlined in the “Eligibility” section and unconditionally agree to these Official Rules in order to be awarded the Prize. Except where prohibited, each Potential Prize Winner must sign and return, within the required time period specified in the notification letter, an affidavit of eligibility/liability/publicity release and a W-9 tax form (if applicable) in order to claim the Prize. If the Prize notification letter or any Prize is returned as refused or undeliverable, the corresponding Prize will be forfeited.
Any Prizes forfeited for the reasons outlined above will be awarded to an alternate Potential Prize Winner. Alternate Potential Prize Winners will be determined by referring to the leaderboard and contacting the Eligible Entrant in the next highest position outside of the top three. Alternate Potential Prize Winners will be notified by the methods outlined in this Section and are subject to the requirements of this Section. All Prizes will be awarded.
Confirmed Winners will receive their Prize either in person or via U.S. mail (at Sponsor’s sole discretion) once they have been verified and confirmed as a Prize Winner. Allow up to six (6) weeks from Contest end date for shipment.
6. Substitution of Prizes; Taxes. Prize must be accepted as awarded. No transfer, assignment or substitution of the Prize is permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event a Prize is unavailable. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Any taxes imposed on the income of the Confirmed Prize Winner as a result of winning a Prize and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein as part of the Prize are solely the responsibility of the Confirmed Prize Winner.
7. Conditions. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED by law. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest. Any use of robotic, automatic, duplicate entries, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. Any spamming, incessant updating, or lying about check-in’s to gain points will void all such entries by such methods. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Entrants who violate the Official Rules or attempt to interfere with the Contest in any manner. Any attempt by an Entrant or individual to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees and expenses) from any such Entrant or individual to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, including criminal prosecution. The Sponsor is not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay of any type in operations or transmission, or for theft, or for technical, computer, meter, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or failure of the Sponsor to receive entry information for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend, cancel or suspend this Contest and/or select Potential Prize Winners from among all eligible entries prior to the cancellation at any time without notice if any factor interferes with this Contest as contemplated by these Official Rules including but not limited to a virus, bugs, fraud or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupting the administration, security or proper operation of the Contest. Individuals and/or Entrants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, or whom the Sponsor believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage, will be disqualified. In the event any entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted or not recorded, an Entrant’s sole remedy shall be another entry into the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
8. RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS EXPRESSLY AND VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO FULLY WAIVE, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR AND SPONSOR’S RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (A) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN THE CONTEST; (B) TECHNICAL OR PRINTING ERRORS; (C) LOST, LATE, POSTAGE-DUE, MISDIRECTED OR UNDELIVERABLE MAIL OR E-MAIL; (D) ERRORS IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; OR (E) INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE. ENTRANT FURTHER AGREES THAT IN ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, THE RELEASED PARTIES’ LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE COST OF ENTERING AND PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR EXPENSES.
9. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Illinois. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and the Sponsor in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to any choice of law or conflict of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state or local courts located in Cook County, Illinois.
10. Results. The Sponsor will maintain a record of the Prize Winners, consisting of each Prize Winner’s first name and last initial, city and state of residence. For the name of the Prize Winners, available after June 24, 2015, send a self-addressed stamped envelope before a postmark date of August 24, 2015 to: The Nielsen Company, Attn: Graham Bishop, Digital Marketing, 85 Broad St, New York, NY 10004.
11. Inquiries or Questions. Any inquiries or questions regarding this Contest may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to The Nielsen Company, Attn: Graham Bishop, Digital Marketing, 85 Broad St, New York, NY 10004.
Sponsor: The Nielsen Company (US), LLC, 85 Broad Street, New York, NY 10004.
The Nielsen Company (US), LLC Events Team will administer the Contest.