COVID-19 has drastically changed shopping behaviour in the FMCG and Retail landscape as consumers adapt to the new uncertain environment. In uncertain, rapidly changing times like this, it is more important than ever for brands and retailers to have a solid understanding of how to adapt Category Management fundamentals based on changing shopper behaviour and needs.
It is also time to invest in upskilling your teams for your next cycle of ‘supplier & customer’ negotiations. Unprecedented times will favour those most prepared.
This workshop is designed to empower you to apply a more shopper-centric framework to Category Management process.
MAIN TOPICS COVERED:
- What is Shopper-Centric Category Management?
- Defining the Shopper using:
- Store clustering
- Shopper decision trees
- Shopper Opportunities
- Category Assessment
- Introduction to create a deep shopper understanding through insights
- Shopper Solutions
- Assortment, Incrementality and Cannibalisation
- Merchandising: macro and micro layout introduction
- Price and promotion: price elasticities and promotional framework
- Driving in-store execution with neurological findings
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Retailers: Category Managers, Buyers, Merchandising Managers, Range & Space Planners, Business Information Analysts, Store Managers and their teams.
- Manufacturers/Suppliers/Distributors: Customer/Trade Marketing Managers, Key Account Managers, Category Managers, Shopper Marketing Managers, Marketing Managers and Brand Managers.
Our first priority is the health of our associates, clients and vendors. As such, we will be hosting our Shopper Centric Category Management Workshop online.
- Exercises will be run in Microsoft Excel or Microsoft PowerPoint by all participants to create more interaction.
- Polls for quick knowledge check and tests to review critical content.
- A summary version of the topics will be sent in advance, as a suggested reading pre-work, to encourage more time for Q&A and discussion.
- GoToTraining software will be used so you can be ready to interact with the rest of participants and the speaker.
- Maximum attendance will be 20 people to enhance the learning experience.
- Early Bird Price per participant: $1,575 AUD + GST (valid until 11 May, 2020)
- Non Early Bird Price per participant: $1,675 AUD + GST (available until 22 May 2020)
- Group discounts available.
For more information and registrations (include number of participants, names, mobile numbers and email addresses for each participant), please send an email to Gokmen Ozturkoglu (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Allan Amador, Head of Category Management, Nielsen Sales Effectiveness
Allan has been responsible for leading the relationship between Nielsen and more than 60 international retailers, supervising the Retail Vertical team delivering consultancies to the main supermarkets, convenience stores, and drugstores of the region. He has also been leading the Thought Leadership initiatives for the Caribbean and Central America. His career spans for more than 10 years between the Retail Vertical and the Sales Effectiveness departments.
Since March 2019, he has been named the leader for the Category Management services business in APAC region having the opportunity to conduct workshops to relevant manufacturers, retailers, and wholesalers across 15 markets.