In today’s world, success is all about understanding and reaching your shoppers. In an increasingly competitive and fragmented retail landscape, mass marketing is no longer the most efficient and cost-effective option.
At Nielsen, we go beyond focusing on basic demographics to help you understand who your most valuable customers are, as well as where and how to find them.
By reaching shoppers at the most granular level with accuracy and precision, you can also examine the lifestyle and lifestage of your consumer to find out where they live, shop and socialise, as well as what they buy today in order to develop focused and efficient marketing strategies.
How we do it
We integrate insights from our shopper panel of 10,000 households with sales information, media consumption and attitudinal data to help you match products with shoppers and stores to maximise your potential, without the gamble.
We can profile your shopper segments who represent the maximum opportunity for growth and the highest return on marketing investment, and get the right messages to these groups at the right time and place.
Retailers can use this information to:
- Optimise stores to better serve the kinds of shoppers frequenting them.
- Find out which categories and brands have the highest demand among store shoppers.
- Determine how to group stores based on shopper demographics and preferences.
- Work out what other stores across different channels.
Brands can benefit from demographic segmentation by:
- Finding out where they are likely to find their most valuable consumer groups.
- Identifying stores that have the potential to sell more product volume.
- Working out where the top areas are for sampling and the top stores for in-store activities, demonstrations and promotions.
WHAT WE MEASURE
Interested in learning more?