North America / Canada / ON / Markham /
#: 743999723625013 / REF800H
ABOUT NIELSEN CONNECT:
Nielsen Connect empowers manufacturers and retailers to make bold decisions and transform their businesses with trusted data, solutions, and insights designed to drive progress. We collect and process billions of pieces of data every single day, transforming this raw information into cutting edge solutions powered by our unified platform – an open data ecosystem, built on Microsoft Azure. Our Connect platform is microservices-based, with all layers highly decoupled and focused, so we can move as quickly as technology evolves, and transform the consumer research industry in ways our clients have never seen before.
ABOUT THIS JOB
The focus is to provide dedicated Application Support focus for the Nielsen Brandbank IT Service, its internal applications and ensure that users of the proprietary applications can fulfil their duties while adhering to internal departmental processes.
This is primarily a technical role with elements of support, customer service to the internal Nielsen Brandbank functions, ensuring that requests are processed efficiently to resolution or escalated to the relevant expert team as well as project support that will enable the business to deliver services to a global market.
● Provide professional technical application support, customer-facing applications and services, and a limited selection of desktop applications, as well as providing support to teleworkers within the support region.
● Escalation point Application Support team for the global offices covering faults, advice and work requests around the Nielsen Brandbank internal systems.
● Provide support for international offices after project delivery.
● Become involved with planned projects and bespoke software releases to provide technical support for the new systems.
● Using the internal ticketing Jira tool; ensure requests escalated to you are completed within the allotted SLA.
● Contribute to documentation for the application support team.
● Ensure that the business application systems supported by the Application Support Team are maintained to the highest possible standard with maximum levels of attainable productivity and efficiency.
● The Application Support Analyst may be required to respond to out-of-hours application support requests (for which TOIL will be offered).
● Manage application configuration, problem analysis and resolution for complex application problems, in conjunction with the users and external application or service suppliers where necessary.
● System configuration, scripting and new user administration as required
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
As an Application Support Analyst, you’ll act as a link for your internal clients and your team. Using your analytical thinking and effective communication skills you can provide data solutions to your client needs. You’re a problem-solver by nature. With the right systems, you’re unstoppable. You’re tech-savvy and just as comfortable behind a computer screen as you are in front of colleagues.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or similar
2-5 year of relevant experiencein Service desk background Application Support team
Support all the process,provides and help, databases, support, data capture, publish the data,
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate with other teams to achieve desired results.