North America / Canada / ON / Markham /
Technology & Engineering
#: 743999723636461 / 50241503
TECH LEAD, Consumer Intelligence Technology, Markham/GTA
YOU’LL BUILD TECH THAT EMPOWERS GLOBAL BUSINESSES
Our Connect Technology teams are working on our new Connect platform, a unified, global, open data ecosystem powered by Microsoft Azure. Our clients around the world rely on Connect data and insights to innovate and grow.
As Tech Lead, you’ll be responsible for empowering a team of smart, highly skilled technologists who are passionate about learning and prototyping cutting-edge technologies. Right now our platform is based in Java/C++, Python, Spring Boot, AngularJS, Postgres, MongoDB, and Snowflake, and we continue to adopt the best of the breed in cloud-native, low-latency technologies. We value CI/CD in everything that we develop.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead your team in the architecture, design, and development of highly available, low latency, cloud-native applications
- Conduct code reviews, troubleshoot, and ensure your team’s adherence to the highest level of quality in writing complex, maintainable code to develop scalable, flexible, and user-friendly applications
- Work with other Tech Leads and stakeholders throughout projects of varying scope and complexity
- Mentor junior and mid-level developers.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE:
- Results oriented technologist with experience in ecommerce / retail.
- Hands-on experience with NLP and ML: text mining, text classification, machine translation, feature engineering, etc.
- Great foundational leadership skills, including experience managing a small team of technologists
- Ability to conduct code reviews, troubleshoot code and direct architecture & design decisions
- Self starter, independent, problem solver.
- Good track record of successful project delivery and handling projects under pressure.
- Exceptional project management skills, with experience managing projects of varying scope and scale, preferably in an agile environment
- Excellent English communication skills, with the ability to effectively interface across cross-functional technology teams and the business
- Minimum B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field