North America / Canada / ON / Markham /
#: 743999726370759 / 50241695
As a Nielsen Brandbank Test Analyst, you will be responsible for analyzing testing requirements and creating relevant and applicable test strategies, plans and scripts. You will be responsible for carrying out testing for new and improved functionality for internal and external facing company software and applications.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Analyze requirements for testing and create test strategies for new projects as well as existing projects where changes are required.
- Create and document test plans, scenarios and scripts for validation by Developers and Analysts.
- Create automation scripts for use in Regression testing.
- Execute testing scripts in all IT environments, tracking and reporting progress in line with the Defect Management Cycle
- Identify new and existing defects / bugs and measure these in line with agreed metrics.
- Report on and pass back findings and results to relevant Analysts and Developers for remedial work
- Support peers and team members and is an active participant in Scrum team activities.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE:
- Proven experience in a Test Analyst role
- Proven knowledge of different phases of testing in all IT environments
- Have experience of Agile project delivery methodology
- Have an up to date knowledge of test tools such as JIRA for defect classification, management and reporting
- Be prepared to be flexible and take ownership of defects through to resolution
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Show initiative and take a proactive approach to identifying risks and issues
- ISEB/ISTQB qualification or equivalent
- Experience of other roles in the Software Delivery Life Cycle
- Willingness to travel internationally if required
- Proven ability to test API functions