Webinar: Beyond The Middle Class: How Aspirational Consumers View Their World
Are you prepared for the seismic shift in the consumer landscape? Two mega trends are about to converge that will dramatically – and permanently – reshape local and global shopping behavior. Join Nielsen as we share findings from a custom research study centered on the changing middle class and impact of inflation worldwide. The impact of this 1-2 punch is producing new ‘coping’ and purchase behaviors that create growth opportunities – locally and globally – across a variety of products, markets and retail channels. Will you be ready to capitalize on them?
This webinar features information from the study collected across 58 countries, and begins a discussion about rising demand, economic pressures and aspirational behaviors around the world. We will introduce new consumer lenses through which to view these mega trends – ‘shopping basics’, ‘living comfortably’ and ‘spending freely’ – that provide the basis of new insights. We will also review examples ranging from global to country-specific and from developed to developing countries to help illustrate where opportunities to satisfy consumer demand and drive growth can be found. Several key questions will be addressed along the way, including:
- Does the impact of inflation affect consumers in different parts of the world differently or the same?
- What motivates consumers to shop globally and how are our values similar yet different?
- What choices do we make during inflationary times in how and where we shop and what we buy?
- Which retail channels are poised for future growth and why?
- When prices rise, which categories have the most ‘staying power’ and are least price sensitive? How does that differ by country and region?
- Where should I invest and how can I best reach an increasingly ‘aspirational’ consumer?