Europe / United Kingdom / / London
Client Service & Sales
#: 110406-en_US / 110406
EMEA Payroll Supervisor
Location: Anywhere within UK and Ireland
Flexible working environment – remotely working from home option
About the Role & Nielsen
Accuracy is the name of the game, and we’ve got the data to prove it. If precision and quality are important to you, you’ll fit right in as an EMEA Payroll Supervisor/ Regional Payroll Lead at Nielsen. As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
- Provide oversight to payroll reviews, approvals and audits conducted by the EMEA Payroll Service Delivery (SD) team, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of payroll activities, while maintaining compliance and communications among teams.
- Manage, train and develop a team of Regional EMEA Payroll Service Delivery (SD) resources responsible for driving consistent payroll operations that minimize manual workarounds, follow up inquiries, and escalations.
- Manage and monitor process controls to reduce risk following global Corporate Audit Staff standards.
- Monitor internal service standards to measure payroll performance of operational excellence, compliance and customer satisfaction
- Cascade the global payroll strategy, functional business updates, policies, procedures and standards across EMEA operations internally, and externally with payroll vendors.
- Manage vendor relationships to enable efficient resolution of complex payroll inquiries
- Develop strong relationships cross-functionally across EMEA (e.g., People Experience (HR), Legal, IT, Treasury, etc.) to determine business needs and organizational changes that may impact payroll operations
- Promote engagement across the EMEA Service Delivery Team to foster a positive, inclusive culture, personal commitment and team retention
- As needed represent region for payroll projects and initiatives to ensure compliance with country-specific policies and procedures
- Participate in global design, testing, and deployment of new payroll solutions, processes
- Proven years of payroll industry experience across a variety of European countries
- Preferred with Bachelor Degree in Finance or related field
- Experience administering large EMEA payroll functions and shared services
- Knowledge and experience with payroll, and time/attendance programs
- Technical experience with and knowledge of payroll processing
- Strong understanding of payroll landscape and EMEA regulatory environment within local markets
- Experience working with and managing payroll vendors
- Experience with payroll platform technologies
- Experience working with case management and/or other service management tools
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to influence
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Experience leading payroll transformation initiatives
- Ability to work effectively across all levels and layers of the organization
- Experience enacting transformational change across a complex, manual function
- Experience with multi-language deployment of payroll solutions (must speak conversational English)
- Flexible working environment and remotely working from home.
What can we offer you as an employee of Nielsen Media
In addition to a competitive salary, bonus, private healthcare and good benefits we offer a varied area of responsibility as well as an open corporate culture with numerous development opportunities. Above all, our employees appreciate the ability to work independently in a motivated and very friendly team. Social responsibility, open communication and living our values can be found not only on our homepage, but also in everyday work. As part of our culture, our promise to you is that at Nielsen you can: Be Yourself, Make a Difference & Grow with Us. An informal atmosphere in a dynamic media company with opportunities for ownership and personal development.
Nielsen Media is committed to employing and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an employer for equal opportunities and positive actions, make decisions regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, marital status and protected veteran status or other protected class on a global scale