Europe / Netherlands / / Rotterdam
#: 87831-en_US / 87831
Can you play a central role in the implementation of the market specifics of our software solution? Then you can be our Solution Manager and strengthen our international team, while helping us keep pace with the ever-growing demand for one of our flagship products.
Our Media Planning group at the Nielsen Company develops innovative marketing decision software systems for brands, media/creative agencies and media owners around the world. One of our flagship products, Media Impact, supports clients in multi-media planning, by answering questions such as: How much advertising should clients spend on TV vs. online? Which media vehicles should clients use to reach consumers for whom their product is relevant? What is the most efficient cross-media plan considering certain objectives? Which media assets provide additional reach or frequency?
In order to answer all these questions, Media Impact is digesting multiple data streams from various sources and transforming those into easy-to-use reports and analysis.
Role location: Rotterdam, – some flexibility on working from home
Position is full time, Monday to Friday
Start date: Ideally as quickly as possible
About Nielsen: www.nielsen.com
ABOUT THE JOB
As Solution Manager, you will play a central role in the market specific implementations of our software solution. In this position, you will have an exciting opportunity to contribute to the successful implementation of our software solutions for media agencies and media owners, while ensuring the quality, as we rapidly deploy new versions & new data sets around the world.
Therefore, you will be responsible for facilitating the work of developers while helping to solve bugs and ensuring that clusters run in a continuous way. Since you play a key role in the on-time delivery of launches and updates, you will have to be an effective and accurate communicator, translating issues to all stakeholders involved, and connecting all the inputs from our software development team and Nielsen (internal clients). Since you will work with data, familiarity with SQL and Python is a big plus. We’re looking for someone with significant analytical skills. In this role, we would appreciate an individual that is proactive, decisive, responsive, curious and flexible.
Our team is operating in a fast-paced environment, so this is no routine job – there is always development happening in the processes around you, so you will need to keep up with the changes, while constantly adapting. If you are a resourceful team player and you are always ready to think of new solutions to make the work more efficient or to automate processes, we are excited to meet you!
- Partner with our internal software development, data science, quality and data processing teams, to make sure that your clients’ needs are met and both software and data is delivered on-time through our technical implementation process;
- Responsible for deploying our deliverables, both on the data and software side;
- Work with local markets where our software is used, to make sure that the software and data work well together;
- Liaise with the client-service teams, who will provide you with insights into how clients use our solutions and what their needs are. This information is essential for your leading role in market launches and updates;
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Econometrics, Marketing Analytics, Statistics or similar with an emphasis on analytics or statistics;
- 0-2 years of relevant experience;
- Affinity with data, software and quantitative techniques. Coding (preferably Python) knowledge is a plus.
- Analytical thinking combined with good social and communication skills;
- Proactive, decisive, flexible and adaptable with a high attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; a real team player
- Result-driven mentality and affinity with marketing and research;
- Ability to work in a dynamic and high paced environment, juggling multiple priorities and stakeholders
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Residing in the Netherlands
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- Personal and professional development opportunities;
- Flexibility in working hours and location;
- Exciting development projects and clients;
- An open, respectful and multicultural atmosphere;
- Time for socialising and fun;
In the office:
- A Football and a Ping-pong table, and Friday afternoon drinks (every Friday)
- Daily fruit snacks
- Reimbursement of travelling expenses
- Working from home
- Weekly team stand-ups and frequent online project meetups
- Regular online team lunches and events
- Support with home office equipment
- 25 days of paid leave
Application and addtional information
Please use the ‘apply’ link, and send your application letter / note and CV in English.
Should you have any questions about this position, you are welcome to contact our affiliated recruiter: Jacob Sten Madsen by email Jacob.email@example.com or via Tel: +44 77 33 26 48 33
Applications are processed continuously and as soon as possible. We want to get this position filled as soon as possible, as soon as teh right cadidate found.
Nielsen works with a comprehensive diversity and inclsion policy, details of which can be seen below and on our website www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.