Europe / Netherlands / / Rotterdam
Client Service & Sales
#: 76666-en_US / 76666
Research Consultant (Junior) / Associate Solution Manager
At Nielsen, division Media Planning, we develop creative analytical solutions to support companies in the optimization of their marketing and communications budgets. Analytical and econometric approaches form the backbone of these solutions, answering questions like "What media mix works best to communicate my brand message?”, “What budget should I invest in media and marketing?". Our software tools and other decision-support solutions combine market research, data, modelling results and technical business intelligence.
ABOUT THE JOB
In this position, you contribute to the successful implementation of our software solutions for advertisers, media owners and media agencies. Our solutions help these companies in making decisions around their marketing communication budgets. Based upon research data combined with analytical and econometric approaches our solutions answer questions like "What budget is needed to generate an increase of 10% in brand preference? What media mix contributes the most to the revenue?"
You will be working in (small) teams on the design, execution, implementation and operational management of projects. This involves analysing data, setting up surveys, designing a good way to integrate data (survey data, modelling and industry knowledge) into our software tools and maintaining contact with clients – both internal and external. In your role, you will act as a liaison between various parts of our business: analytics, data processing and software development.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Business Analytics, Marketing Analytics, Economics or similar with an emphasis on analytics or statistics;
- 0-2 years of experience;
- Result-driven mentality and affinity with marketing and research;
- Affinity with data, software and quantitative techniques. Coding (in python) knowledge is a plus.
- Analytical thinking combined with good social and communication skills;
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing);
- Residing in The Netherlands.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Flexibility in working hours and location
- Exciting projects and clients
- An open, respectful and multicultural atmosphere
- Time for socialising and fun
- In the office: A Football and a Ping-pong table, and Friday afternoon drinks (every Friday)
- Daily fruit snacks
- Reimbursement of travelling expenses
- Working from home
- Weekly team stand-ups and frequent online project meetups
- Regular online team lunches and events
- Support with home office equipment
- 25 days of paid leave