Europe / Poland / / Warsaw
Technology & Engineering
#: 72505-en_US / 72505
BIG DATA DEVELOPER
ABOUT THIS JOB
Are you an engineer who thrives working with Big Data sets? Are you an engineer who enjoys innovation and working with the latest technologies? If yes – you are looking at the right position
We at Nielsen, collect billions of data points on what consumers watch and buy. We study consumers in more than 100 countries, and help our clients globally identify unmet needs, develop new products and deliver them in an engaging way. We are constantly evolving, not only in terms of where we measure, or who we measure, but in how our insights can help drive profitable growth. Big data is our passion and the heart of our business.
This position will be at the epicenter of how Nielsen measures what consumers watch. This position will be part of the data platforms team that helps build scalable and reliable data processing systems for International Audience Measurement.
Ideal candidate would be a highly motivated, technically savvy individual with strong experience in Python backend development and familiar with Cloud based Big data technologies.
Develop software solutions for the International TAM business. Specifically, the development of Nielsen’s production of Television and Radio measurement processing solutions. In this role, it is expected that the candidate will help usher in the next generation data production/analysis capabilities using modern technologies/platforms such as Python, Spark, Docker, and Amazon AWS. The candidate is expected to work in partnership with other team members in a fast paced, agile environment. This requires not only the technical expertise that will be required but also collaboration and soft skills to work well in a team environment.
- Develop, test, and document new software features required by the business
- Become knowledgeable on existing software solutions in order to maintain them
- Support migration from legacy solutions
- Investigate application incidents for missing or incorrect functionality
- Perform code reviews
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Between 3 to 5 years of related professional experience in a similar role
- Willingness to learn new technologies and adapt to change
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Pandas, Spark, Linux
- Experience in Agile Scrum, KANBAN
- Desirable knowledge of Bash, PyCharm, AirFlow, Docker, AWS, PostgreSQL
- Excellent command of English, further European languages preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop effective relationships with other stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Effective communication skills – able to communicate the information with clarity and precision