Europe / Netherlands / NH / Diemen /
Client Service & Sales
#: 743999728956223 / 50241844, 50241848
ABOUT THIS JOB
Do you ever wonder why we’re eating four times more avocados now than we did ten years ago? Have you noticed a new flavour of your favourite crisps in the supermarket, and asked yourself how they came up with that idea? Do you shop around to get the best promotions? Are you interested in learning more about products consumers like you buy every day? Are you interested to learn more about products consumers buy almost every day?
Look no further: you’ve found your dream company.
As a global leader in measurement and information within the FMCG industry, we provide our clients a precise understanding of the market developments, so that they can make the right decisions that can lead to profitable growth. At Nielsen, we're always innovating to keep pace with emerging market trends and the increasingly diverse, demanding and connected consumer. In 100 countries around the world, Nielsen provides clients with the most complete understanding of what consumers watch and buy.
As a Market Analyst Intern you will support experienced Analytic Consultants and work with our clients – retailers in FMCG industry. You will also:
- Assist Analytic Consultants in preparing analysis and presentations for well-known brands in supermarkets, drug, petrol and liquor stores. Examples of analysis are category and brand reviews about the performance of brands or retailers in terms of sales and market share. In addition, we explain the “why”: are sales up or down due to a company’s assortment, price, or promotion strategy?
- Support our Client Service Online team with set up and maintenance of client reports in which we track our clients’ performance (e.g. sales, market share, promotional pressure, price level, etc.)
- Be a part of specific analytical team projects.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
- Proficiency in Dutch & English, both verbal and written
- A relevant degree level qualification, such as Business Economics/Administration, Marketing Management/Analytics/Intelligence or similar – you need to have a Student status registered in Dutch educational insitution
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Genuine interest in the marketing of food, homecare and personal care products
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Full-time availability for a period of 6 months (preferably from February 2021)
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
We offer an internship where you will be fully integrated into our day-to-day work. We will provide you with a valuable first working experience, allowing you to learn how companies work with market information and in particular how brands and categories are analysed. Having experience with Nielsen data is a perfect start if you are pursuing a career in brand, sales, (trade) marketing, category management or in market research.
Benefits To You
- Training & development : After your onboarding, you will follow an extensive training program. This includes training on Nielsen analytic software (NITRO, Answers Desktop) and Nielsen methodology, the Dutch retail landscape, briefing management, creating and giving presentations and advanced Excel skills.
- Variety: working with many different brands or retailers.
- Culture: flat, international, open and informal organization. Our Nielsen Values are to be Open, Connected, Personal and Useful. Our people are our greatest asset, and we look for like-minded, positive, and awesome people to join our team. We offer fresh fruit, massages, yoga and team drinks on site, and you’ll also find us regularly challenging each other at our foosball table. We like to work hard, play hard, and bring the best of ourselves to our colleagues and our work every day.,
- Job opportunities: at Nielsen interns regularly move to permanent roles.
- Fee: a market-conform internship fee.
Interested in joining our team? Click on the Apply button, and give your professional career a head start!
Find out more about what it’s like to work on our analytical team by watching this short video:
Search terms: internship, intern, marketing, analytics, analytical, FMCG, brand marketing, category management, market research.