Europe / Netherlands / / Amsterdam
Technology & Engineering
#: 89062-en_US / 89062
Cloud Data Engineer – 89062
ABOUT THIS JOB
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover, and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 Billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 2 years, the company has grown to more than 1800 employees in 20 countries, including over 400 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology.
We are presently looking for a Data Engineer / Cloud Architect who is part of our Gracenote Content operations team. The Content operations team is responsible for the ingestion and enrichment of our metadata for use by our clients. This role is to assist in the organization’s journey to leverage our vast metadata content and harmonize data both on-prem and in the cloud. Allowing the operational teams to measure and improve data quality, access and combine datasets for use in efficient projects or automation, and support our vision of moving our data to the cloud and establishing self-service reporting. Familiarity with AWS cloud services, analytical systems, data harmonization, automation, and integration are key in this role.
- Works across the Quality and Transformation/Automation Office teams responsible for these efforts while working collaboratively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ownership and control of sandbox and production environments
- Responsible for building a roadmap and managing the implementation of the Cloud Journey for Content Operations. (Self Service Reporting, Data Harmonization (on-prem and cloud-based, etc)
- Strong conceptual thinking; strategic, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Manages complexities, large scope, conflicting priorities well
- Wide range of creativity and freedom in solution design and implementation with a DevOps mindset
- Collaborate and drive the Cloud Journey for Content Operations as the organization moves from on-prem (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, etc) landscapes to the cloud.
- Ability to translate raw data into visualizations to be understood by multiple (technical and non-technical stakeholders) or in data staging.
- Support the team to production their workflows and analysis, while building tools and infrastructure to improve their speed and effectiveness
- DE Data pipeline knowledge, ETL building, Workflow scheduling, Cloud Computing, DB knowledge
- 2+ years experience working as an Engineer on data-intensive applications, architecting large-scale production systems
- Extensive experience with scripting languages (such as Python) with a track record of clean, efficient code design
- Experience in database design, optimization, and integration of multiple databases (relational data stores – RDS, Aurora; SQL data stores – Postgres, Oracle, MySQL; data warehouses – Redshift, Snowflake)
- AWS knowledge and experience, specifically EMR, IAM, EC2, S3, Kinesis, Lambda, Glue, S3, Terraform cloud formation, autoscaling.
- Working knowledge of REST API solutions and design
- Familiarity and experience working with on-prem based solutions and migration to the cloud
- Sound understanding of SQL fundamentals and experience with data warehousing, data modeling, and schema design
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Amsterdam,North Holland