Europe / Netherlands / / Amsterdam
#: 90293-en_US / 90293
POSITION: Data Mapping Editor, Dutch Language
LOCATION: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Gracenote Global Video Data is the definitive collection of worldwide TV, movie and on-demand data. Top cable, satellite, OTT and service providers around the world rely on Gracenote to power TV schedules, turbo charge video search and discovery, and empower audiences to find and enjoy their favourite shows. With deep data describing movies and TV shows, including episode and series descriptions, genres, moods, and cast details, as well as live sports events, music and more, Gracenote powers next-generation user interfaces and discovery engines. From TV listings to touchdowns, Gracenote is the first and only provider of descriptive data for Movies, TV, Sports and Music, as well as stunning imagery on a global scale.
We are looking for a Temporary Data Mapping Editor for the Dutch Language market.
ROLE: This role of Data Mapping Editor is a temporary, Monday to Friday position, responsible for the efficient processing and curation of video catalogues (VOD/OVD). It requires diligent workflow management to accurately process, update and match VOD/OVD catalogues as they update and/or become available by different content providers.
Data Mapping Editors are also responsible for maintaining, updating and improving the Gracenote database that powers the consumer product and ultimately the end-user experience. Data Mapping Editors assist and report directly to Ingest Metadata Production Team Leaders, who manage all market-specific daily operations.
The ideal candidate will be able to accurately process a high volume of entertainment metadata in a timely fashion. They will be able to manipulate this data, to normalise and enhance it for evergreen use in the Gracenote database.
- Acquire, normalise and enhance entertainment metadata (OVD/VOD catalogues) from various content providers.
- Processing and manipulation of data required to ingest correctly into in-house soft-ware tools.
- High attention to detail required to ensure that high-quality, accurate and timely, evergreen content is created in the Gracenote database.
- Investigate, query and confirm questionable programming content when applicable.
- Run quality and assurance checks via systematic reports looking at the live database.
- Analyze and recommend process improvements.
- Contribute to team and department projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient knowledge of one of the above-mentioned languages (B2 level or higher).
- Experience using computer software and databases, very good keyboarding skills.
- Data entry experience using content management systems beneficial.
- Experience with, or desire to work within a team, excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work accurately under deadline.
- Good knowledge of television, movies and VOD programming is a plus, especially in the market language.
Our passion for music, TV and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Tokyo and Queensbury to Copenhagen, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission-critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.