Europe / Netherlands / / Amsterdam
#: 92581-en_US / 92581
Gracenote Global Video Data is the definitive collection of worldwide TV, movie and on-demand data. Top cable, satellite, OTT and service providers around the world rely on Gracenote to power TV schedules, turbo charge video search and discovery, and empower audiences to find and enjoy their favourite shows. With deep data describing movies and TV shows, including episode and series descriptions, genres, moods, and cast details, as well as live sports events, music and more, Gracenote powers next-generation user interfaces and discovery engines. From TV listings to touchdowns, Gracenote is the first and only provider of descriptive data for Movies, TV, Sports and Music, as well as stunning imagery on a global scale.
We are looking for a Part Time Data Mapping Editor for the French Language market.
ROLE: This role of Data Mapping Editor is a temporary, Monday to Friday position, responsible for the efficient processing and curation of video catalogues (VOD/OVD). It requires diligent workflow management to accurately process, update and match VOD/OVD catalogues as they update and/or become available by different content providers.
Data Mapping Editors are also responsible for maintaining, updating and improving the Gracenote database that powers the consumer product and ultimately the end-user experience. Data Mapping Editors assist and report directly to Ingest Metadata Production Team Leaders, who manage all market-specific daily operations.
The ideal candidate will be able to accurately process a high volume of entertainment metadata in a timely fashion. They will be able to manipulate this data, to normalise and enhance it for evergreen use in the Gracenote database.
- Acquire, normalise and enhance entertainment metadata (OVD/VOD catalogues) from various content providers.
- Processing and manipulation of data required to ingest correctly into in-house soft-ware tools.
- High attention to detail required to ensure that high-quality, accurate and timely, evergreen content is created in the Gracenote database.
- Investigate, query and confirm questionable programming content when applicable.
- Run quality and assurance checks via systematic reports looking at the live database.
- Analyze and recommend process improvements.
- Contribute to team and department projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient knowledge of one of the above-mentioned languages (B2 level or higher).
- Experience using computer software and databases, very good keyboarding skills.
- Data entry experience using content management systems beneficial.
- Experience with, or desire to work within a team, excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work accurately under deadline.
- Good knowledge of television, movies and VOD programming is a plus, especially in the market language.
ABOUT THE TEAM
You may not know our name, but you use Gracenote data every time you view your program guide or download music! Gracenote Video Content is part of Nielsen Content Metadata. This team creates and curates data used in viewer guides for well-known cable and satellite systems, on-demand streaming, publications, websites, and smart TV companies around the world.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
This role is with Gracenote, a Nielsen Media company, provides entertainment metadata and technology that powers the world’s top cable and satellite providers, consumer electronics, automakers and music services. Metadata drives all product lines — all are based on data connectivity! We provide clients with a comprehensive global database of compositions, writers and publishers – linking compositions to recordings at scale using machine learning. Providing publishers, societies and entertainment services with essential reference data for rights management.