Europe / Poland / / Warsaw
Technology & Engineering
#: 73661-en_US / 73661
Join the Media Technology iTAM team as a DevOps Engineer to complement the solutions developed and used across the globe to maintain panels and process-related data in TV and Radio markets.
- Take part of the global emergency response team with on call availability.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the CI/CD solutions.
- Automate tasks using scripting and other open source tools.
- Collaborate to document processes and procedures.
- Provide creative solutions to complex problems.
The environment is composed of both cloud and on-premises solutions, AWS being the provider of choice for the former and RHEL/CentOS the Linux distribution for the latter (300+ systems).
The supported solutions are written with different programming languages (C++, Python, Java) and carry with them different challenges given the specific deployment environment. Depending on the solution, automation is managed with Ansible, AWS CloudFormation, in-house Python or Bash tools. PostgreSQL is the technology of choice when it comes to relational database technologies. Other everyday tools are GitLab CI/CD, Jenkins, and Docker (on-prem, ECS, or Kubernetes).
- University degree in technical/scientific field or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Three years of working experience in a field related to a similar position.
- Intermediate level of English, both written and verbal.
- The skilful user of automation tools such as AWS CloudFormation, Ansible, Helm, Packer.
- Well-versed in Linux systems Administration.
- Good level of network technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, Linux routing and firewall).
- Good understanding of continuous integration concepts, software development release cycle and DevOps Automation tools.
- Work with other team members to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve high impact issues.
- Effective communication skills – able to communicate the information with clarity and precision.
NICE TO HAVE
- Understanding of monitoring principles and use of alerting tools such as Grafana / AWS CloudWatch or DataLog.
- Experience with one programming language (Python, Java, C#, C++, node) and Shell scripting.
- Experience with one API architecture (REST, GraphQL).
- Ability to support highly available solutions.