Europe / Poland / / Warsaw
#: 74921-en_US / 74921
Editor Polish (6 month contract) – 74921
Gracenote – Poland Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship
ABOUT THIS JOB
Gracenote powers the world’s top music services, consumer electronics, automakers, cable and satellite providers with our metadata. Sound like your kind of thing? Join us! Our TV and movie Editor performs editorial functions related to the ongoing development and creation of media databases and content, specifically in the audiovisual sphere. The ideal candidate loves movies and series, is familiar and up to date with TV listings and the media sector in general.
- Acquire and record correct information regarding programs and TV listings from a variety of Polish channels and top content providers.
- Investigate, confirm and document questionable program content by consulting program information providers and others.
- Consolidate data content and new program information in databases.
- Edit and maintain TV listings information, create and curate information on movies and shows.
- Maintain accurate database information and provide timely updating of listings information.
- Ensure the accuracy of editorial content, authenticity of program information and timely delivery to in-house personnel.
- Analyze, develop and recommend solutions to editorial, communication and technical procedural and operational needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
This person will be responsible for performing high-volume, complex manipulations on the entertainment information that forms the core of Gracenote’s media database, with special focus on creating and enhancing Top Content (Top Series, Top Movies, Keywords etc.).These are the creators of the descriptions used to enrich our content metadata. Editors are wordsmiths; they write and edit movie and tv show descriptions
- Must be native or near-native Polish and have IMPECCABLE writing and verbal skills. The ability to commence asap is highly desirable.
- Effective writing, grammatical, organizational, analytical, and communication skills.
- Preferably with a background in journalism, copy writing or translation.
- Good knowledge of Polish television and VOD programming preferred, and most importantly a love for movies.
- We are looking for a quality focused individual with high level of attention to detail.
- Must be able to work accurately under deadline and willing to work outside regular business hours.
- Windows proficiency and/or experience using other computer software and databases with excellent keyboarding skills.
- Excellent Keyboarding skills expected.
ABOUT THE TEAM
You may not know our name, but you use Gracenote data every time you view your program guide or download music! Gracenote Video Content is part of Nielsen Content Metadata. This team creates and curates data used in viewer guides for well-known cable and satellite systems, on-demand streaming, publications, websites, and smart TV companies around the world.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
This role is with Gracenote, a Nielsen Media company, provides entertainment metadata and technology that powers the world’s top cable and satellite providers, consumer electronics, automakers and music services. Metadata drives all product lines — all are based on data connectivity! We provide clients with a comprehensive global database of compositions, writers and publishers – linking compositions to recordings at scale using machine learning. Providing publishers, societies and entertainment services with essential reference data for rights management.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Warsaw,Masovian Voivodeship