Europe / United Kingdom / / London
#: 75721-en_US / 75721
EU People Experience Regional Leader – Human Resources – 75721
Human Resources – Great Britain London, London
At Nielsen, we take the time to design a workplace that puts our People at the center of how we work and operate. Our People Experience (PX) teams are curators of a culture and ambassadors for diversity, inclusion and belonging – where everyone feels valued and can bring their best selves to work. From day one, we provide our employees with the tools and resources to be successful, and have pride in delivering best-in-class People processes throughout every step of the employee lifecycle. We also take pride in continuously empowering leaders at all levels so they can deliver outstanding opportunities to everyone on their teams to contribute
Summary of Role:
The PX VP serves as the HR leader for a region supporting Nielsen’s Media population. The PX Regional Lead will provide strategic and operational guidance on all areas of HR support in the region and will ensure best in class HR practices as designed by our COEs are deployed throughout the Region and adjusted where necessary. The PX Regional Lead will be accountable for compliance with all employment laws and regulations in the region, and will also partner with the Global HRBP/TS team to provide input and align People actions with the larger Business Unit-specific talent strategies. The PX Regional Lead will have a team of PX Directors, Managers and Specialists to help support the ongoing operations of the country/countries.
What will I do?
- Lead a team of 38 HR professionals accountable for providing effective HR service delivery and operations for a population of 2,800 employees across a region of 25 countries. Particular emphasis is on delivery of HR activity where region, country or local context is required.
- Interfaces with Global Talent Strategist teams to:
- Provide input on Talent conversations and processes
- Give visibility to talent needs in the region
- Ensure continuity in career and development plans for high potential employees
- And to provide any other insight that may be helpful or necessary for the Global Talent Strategists holistic view of their organizations
- Accountability for local deployment & delivery of HR processes, projects and change programmes as determined at a Corporate/business/functional level. Including policy and procedural compliance across the area and responsibility for Diversity & Inclusion deployment, monitoring and compliance.
- Drive the effectiveness of the HR delivery model ensuring consistency and optimization of HR processes and approach across countries or location ( where possible). In particular;
- Utilising resources at a country or site level to ensure effective use of team resources.
- Maintaining strong partnership with all key stakeholders in the HR model to enable integrated HR Service delivery.
- Maximise synergies and the coordination of shared resources in order to deploy processes and local projects across the site/areas as effectively as possible.
- Interface with the Global Employee Relation Leader, where necessary for deployment of the Global ER strategy at a country or site. Ensure good employee relations in conjunction with Work Council & Employee representative groups and line management. In particular;
- Have a broad knowledge of Statutory Information and Consultation processes at country or site level to ensure legal compliance.
- Manage sensitive and complex ER issues at cluster level including collective negotiations, where appropriate working closely with the PX Country Lead & Global ER Leader.
- Providing employee advocacy and workforce intelligence to ER Leader to support development of ER strategy.
- Lead local components of projects and wider change programmes. In particular;
- Implementation of organisation change / re-design, in response to needs identified through HR or local line management.
- Deliver wider business /corporate and HR change programmes across countries as required.
- Interface with COE’s (Talent Acquisition, Compensation & Benefits, Talent, Engagement & Development and DE&I) to ensure a consistent approach on Nielsen’s Employment Value Proposition, Culture, Leadership and Engagement initiatives across the Region.
- Identifies, designs and delivers country-specific or regional needs in the areas of onboarding, employee relations, total rewards, benefits, compensation, Learning, engagement and internal communications.
- Partner with the local Corporate Functions ( Finance, Legal, Integrity Real Estate) to ensure integration of HR operations and policies into the larger regional and country-specific operational needs, such as budgets, compliance and regulatory requirements, and so on.
- Coaches and develops an internationally distributed team of Human Resources People Experience representatives.
- Be an integral part of any current and future Regional HR Leadership team; work closely with other Cluster leaders for deployment
- Work closely with other Regional PX Leaders and other Cluster PX Leads to identify, streamline & provide effective & optimized HR services.
- Ensures all practices adhere to the utmost integrity and compliance in all regulatory matters.
- Support the smooth integration of new acquisitions
- Host Local Alumni Activities
- Crisis Management
Is this for me?
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in HR, Business Administration or legal field
- 10+ years broad and deep HR experience.
- At least 8 years of Human Resources experience overseeing different aspects of the HR function for large and/or Multinational Company.Experience in Compensation, Talent Acquisition, Benefits Administration, Employee Relations.
- At least 5 years of experience in a generalist capacity providing support across a variety of HR sub functions to a distributed group.
- Experience of managing and developing HR generalist teams.
- Practical working knowledge of local labor laws in the cluster and is aware of different regulatory environments in the European countries where Nielsen operates.
- Experience and knowledge of planning and programme managing HR activities and resources; balancing conflicting priorities and handling ambiguities and complex situations
- Strong ability to manage competing stakeholders and leaders – able to influence to make critical decisions for the regional HR team and communicate these across the organization.
- Able to partner with other members of the European leadership and find common ground to deliver an exceptional People Experience.
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations, as well as handle multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to build a positive employee relations climate, advocate for employees and maintain objectivity, even under pressure from other stakeholders.
- Process driven and methodical in approach to implementing programs & HR solutions.
- Ability to construct an informed opinion and point of view.
- Able to exercise sound judgement and discretion in matters of significance to the organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: London,London
Secondary Locations: , , ,
Travel: Yes, 15% of the Time