Europe / Netherlands / / Amsterdam
#: 77864-en_US / 77864
Schedule Editor, After Hours, Dutch Language – 77864
Gracenote – Netherlands Amsterdam, North Holland
POSITION: Ater Hours Schedule Editor, Dutch Language
SHIFT: Tuesday – Saturday
LOCATION: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Gracenote Global Video Data is the definitive collection of worldwide TV, movie and on-demand data. Top cable, satellite, OTT and service providers around the world rely on Gracenote to power TV schedules, turbo charge video search and discovery, and empower audiences to find and enjoy their favourite shows. With deep data describing movies and TV shows, including episode and series descriptions, genres, moods, and cast details, as well as live sports events, music and more, Gracenote powers next-generation user interfaces and discovery engines. From TV listings to touchdowns, Gracenote is the first and only provider of descriptive data for Movies, TV, Sports and Music, as well as stunning imagery on a global scale.
We are looking for a Schedule Editor for the Dutch market. This role will require native Dutch language skills.
- The role of Schedule Editor is responsible for the efficient processing and curation of television schedules. It requires diligent workflow management to accurately process and update electronic programming guides (EPG) as they become available by different content providers.
- Schedule Editors are also responsible for maintaining, updating and improving the Gracenote database that powers the consumer product and ultimately the end-user experience. Schedule Editors assist and report directly to Ingest Metadata Production Team Leaders, who manage all market-specific daily operations.
- The ideal candidate will be able to accurately process a high volume of entertainment metadata in a timely fashion. They will be able to manipulate this data, to normalise and enhance it for evergreen use in the Gracenote database.
- Acquire, normalise and enhance entertainment metadata (television electronic programming guides) from various content providers.
- Processing and manipulation of data required to ingest correctly into in-house soft-ware tools.
- High attention to detail required to ensure that high-quality, accurate and timely, evergreen content is created in the Gracenote database.
- Investigate, query and confirm questionable programming content when applicable.
- Run quality and assurance checks via systematic reports looking at the live database.
- Analyze and recommend process improvements.
- Contribute to team and department projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient knowledge of the Dutch language (B2 level or higher).
- Experience using computer software and databases, very good keyboarding skills.
- Data entry experience using content management systems is beneficial.
- Experience with, or desire to work within a team, excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work accurately under deadline.
- Good knowledge of television, movies and VOD programming is a plus, especially in the market language.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Amsterdam,North Holland
Secondary Locations: , , ,