Europe / Poland / / Warsaw
Technology & Engineering
#: 75357-en_US / 75357
ABOUT THIS JOB
As full stack architect you will be responsible for defining the architecture and technology choices for products built at Nielsen.
This is a hands-on role, we expect you to be passionate about coding, paving the way with the team on architecture and technology validation and prototyping. You will be challenged with defining the frontend strategy of our products going forward and work as part of the SCRUM team in a close alignment with our Architecture chapter. The expectation here is to show customer and product oriented mindset. Previous experiences with design thinking, business process optimization (through technology) and participation in design sprints is a huge plus.
Joining a team of 24 full-stack, backend and frontend developer people and growing.
Frontend technologies: JS, React, React Native (nice to have), HTML, CSS, less
Backend technologies (at least one): JS/node.js, Python (prefered)
API/other: GraphQL, Apollo, Storybook
SKILLS OF AN IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Consistently communicate trade-offs throughout a project to meet both technical and business requirements
- Experience in building relations with PO/PMs and support them with stakeholders communication/management
- Experience in building frontend strategy for large enterprises with focus on micro frontends/microservices software architectures.
- Good communication skills within the developer environment. An important part of the role is to lead technological change by example and bring/educate the team on board on selected solutions.
- Ability to propose suitable technical solutions to meet business requirements
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, especially with AWS based implementations.
- Infrastructure knowledge including primarily GraphQL, RESTful APIs, practical knowledge of Swagger
- Experiences with code review, code refactoring, design patterns, domain driven design, continuous deployment, highly scalable applications, application security, testing practices
- Practical knowledge of designing software architectures compliant with PII data regulations (especially GDPR)
- Working knowledge and experience in designing distributed applications
- Working knowledge of DevOps, Jenkins, Docker and infrastructure as code
- Knowledge of pair programming, continuous integration and test-driven development is a plus
- Experience with at least one unit testing framework, such as MochaJS, JUnit
- Familiarity with the concepts of Functional Programming and microservices
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes, experience with EKS highly welcome
- Working knowledge of AWS native services is a big plus.
- Possess a customer-centric mindset
- Fluency in English is a must.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Fully developed workstations built around Apple hardware.
- Opportunity to design and ship software on a truly international scale.
- We work on substantial, high-impact projects, so you can forget about last-minute scope adjustments or daily ASAPs.
- The opportunity to travel, meet and work with people from various countries around the globe.
- Endless opportunities for knowledge sharing in our learning-driven environment.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!