Europe / Switzerland / / Lugano
Technology & Engineering
#: 87381-en_US / 87381
Come and become part of the world of Media of tomorrow:
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, and have of media preferences. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all, and across a large range of products and solutions, from Metadata solutions like Gracenote, through to our specialist Nielsen Sports teams and our multitude of other products and solutions We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. More about us: www.nielsen.com
About this job
The Application Development Manager is responsible for the execution of project deliverables driving all technology activities of teams located in Lugano/Switzerland, Poland, Malaysia, India and Australia with a particular focus on delivering on-time and with quality across a complex and dynamic global environment producing world-class software solutions within the media & advertising ecosystem.
Our international client facing application team is responsible for providing innovative solutions to agencies, publishers, media owners and advertisers as an integral part of the advertising ecosystem which includes Television, Digital, Radio and other media in over 56 markets with more than 20,000 users of our tools.
Role is 50% hands on project involvement, 50% team, project management
Location of role is Lugano, Switzerland, presence in office is a prerequisite
Summary of role:
This is a role which sit at a very critical point within the Nielsen Total Audience Measurement and Cross Media solutions, where we construct the solutions driving our deep wider media landscape data collection, reporting and analysis. This team operate globally supporting Nielsen entities across the world, and consist of highly skilled and experienced team of subject matter experts, some of whom been doing their job for a long time, meaning substantial maturity/experiences.
Taking a hands-on approach to coordinating, supporting and working directly with multiple teams in multiple regions starting from the project’s planning and execution until post-launch support and covering development, testing and user acceptance.
- Manage and mentor teams of developers to deliver quality software.
- Review code and champion best practices across the team.
- Ensure the maintainability and quality of code.
- Actively engage in technology & design decision making.
- Troubleshooting, root cause, and fixing problems.
- Managing communications within the extended team about project health
- Close collaboration with our Product, Architecture & Systems teams.
Ideal profile of the role will have:
- Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Proven hands-on coding experience in C++, C#, or .NET Core
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design for performance, scalability and high availability.Test-Driven Development and testing frameworks
- Relational database systems knowledge (MS SQL Server, Postrgre, Oracle).
- Good knowledge of major Operating Systems and distro (Windows, RedHat)
- Min 5 years of industry experience including leading a team within a global/international setting including off-shore locations
- Background/ability within management of projects across multitude of products/solutions and in relation to local country needs and specifications.
- Strong cultural awareness and understanding, meaning ability to operate with multiple intenal as well as external stakeholders/clients.
- A true interest in becoming immersed in a complex and challenging world of linear and non-linear audience measurement IT solutions, requiring an open mind, steep learning curve, and constant changes.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- A can-do attitude is a must.
Things that are considered a plus:
Experience/background of leading of virtual teams
Scrum Agile development experience (RAD, XP, LEAN, FDD, KANBAN) and TDD.
Experience with Amazon AWS cloud and DevOps tools (Ansible, Terraform are considered an asset).
What can we offer you as a Nielsen employee
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a varied and demanding area of responsibility as well as an open corporate culture with numerous development opportunities. Above all, our employees appreciate the ability to work independently in a motivated and very friendly team. Social responsibility, open communication and living our values can be found not only on our homepage, but also in everyday work.
Application, additional information or questions
Please apply through submittal of an application letter and CV in English using the link in this job advertisement. If you have any further questions, please contact the recruiter responsible for this role. Mr Madsen email: Jacob.email@example.com
Please note that we are unable to offer any kind of visa or work-permit sponsorship/assistance for this role.