Europe / United Kingdom / / Newcastle upon Tyne
#: 108461-en_US / 108461
Job Title: HR Advisor
Location: Newcastle, Scotland UK
Hybrid Working: 2/3 days site based 2/3 work from home
At Nielsen, we take the time to design a workplace that puts our People at the center of how we work and operate. Our People Experience (PX) teams are curators of a culture and ambassadors for diversity, inclusion and belonging – where everyone feels valued and can bring their best selves to work. From day one, we provide our employees with the tools and resources to be successful, and have pride in delivering best-in-class People processes throughout every step of the employee lifecycle. We also take pride in continuously empowering leaders at all levels so they can deliver outstanding opportunities to everyone on their teams to contribute
The People Experience Advisor is accountable for the smooth execution of people processes and the day to day People Experience for a group of assigned employees in the assigned geographies. The PX Advisor provides foundational support for all business agnostic activities that help support the People Experience.
- Ensure all lifecycle events for assigned population workforce are flawlessly executed and smoothly delivered, providing consistency in the experience across teams
- In partnership with COEs & PX Partners, deploys tools, resources and processes to enhance the experience of remote and virtual work on a day-to-day basis
- Influence the culture and support the commitment to continued improvement
- Advise and guide managers through effective resolution of employee relations issues, including but not limited to discipline, grievance, capability and restructuring, ensuring that the Company remains legally compliant at all times and the best commercial outcomes are achieved.
- Create, deliver and embed agreed change initiatives within the client groups, liaising with PX colleagues as appropriate to leverage best practice.
- Supports processes for given population:
- Drive the onboarding process for new associates (collect and process new hire paperwork, conduct orientation sessions)
- Drive the off-boarding process for separating associates (prep managers, conduct exit interviews, track turnover data/metrics)
- Process and maintain organization and associate data and updates in HR systems (e.g SAP), to ensure reporting structures/job titles/cost centers are correct and current
- Process payroll inputs and changes on a monthly basis in liaising with managers & team leaders
- Generate a variety of reports as requested by HR, Finance, and other business leaders
- Respond to general requests/inquiries from employees regarding benefits, payroll, etc.
- Create and maintain org charts, org announcements, job descriptions and other similar documents
- Drive other special projects where needed
- Work with offshore teams to follow up on processing request in a timely manner with an eye toward quality
- Support the requisition request process
- Conduct regular SAP audits to ensure integrity and quality of personnel data
- Support managers on HR issues including policies, procedures, practices
- Appropriate handling and processing of confidential and time-sensitive material
- Bachelor’s degree or CIPD qualification or equivalent HR related certifications
- Proven experienced of working within Human Resources
- Proficiency in Google for Work/ Microsoft Office including Excel (pivot tables, vlookups) and Powerpoint
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong delivery skills
- Results oriented
- Flexibility and the ability to manage multiple ongoing projects
- Self-starter, problem-solver, proactive
- SAP knowledge strongly preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently with general direction
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen and high level of professionalism
- Strong analytical skills
- Engaging and proactive team player
- Customer service orientation
- Demonstrates high degree of integrity and maintains confidentiality
What can we offer you as an employee of Nielsen Media
In addition to a competitive salary, private healthcare and good benefits we offer a varied area of responsibility as well as an open corporate culture with numerous development opportunities.
Above all, our employees appreciate the ability to work independently in a motivated and very friendly team. Social responsibility, open communication and living our values can be found not only on our homepage, but also in everyday work. As part of our culture, our promise to you is that at Nielsen you can: Be Yourself, Make a Difference & Grow with Us. An informal atmosphere in a dynamic media company with opportunities for ownership and personal development.
Nielsen Media is committed to employing and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an employer for equal opportunities and positive actions, make decisions regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, marital status and protected veteran status or other protected class on a global scale.