Europe / Denmark / / Copenhagen
#: 69629-en_US / 69629
Nielsen is a world leading global data collection, research and analysis company, active across 100 markets worldwide in all areas of media, counting 14.000 employees
We are for Denmark in the process of building our Total Audience Measurement capability which will see us having 2.000 danish households from where we collect TV and streaming viewing preference data on a daily basis which we then pass on to the TV broadcasters such as DR and TV2, Nordic Entertainment Group (TV3) and other clients.
This role is part of a 5 man team within our 35 employee Nielsen Denmark set up.
Data we collect is uploaded during the night, and the role of this function is as a team to ensure all data complete and ready to passed on.
Role has location at our Hellerup offices, but offer some degree of location flexibility of working from home.
Position is full time monthly salary, Monday to Friday, with need for on occassion to work in a shift rota for monitoring systems.
Responsible for daily activities associated with the data production cycle and delivery of audience measurement data to the media industry. This involves all hands-on work necessary to ensure that Nielsen data is collected via polling, referencing and production systems, produced in accordance with predefined quality and is delivered to clients on time every day according to contract.
- Ensure the collection, processing, classification and reporting of data according to policy and procedure
- Ensure the quality of data before delivery: Pre-delivery checks
- Provide immediate response to support the resolution of problems and issues
- Provide troubleshooting and detailed level support for end-to-end polling and production input/outputs
- Provide escalation support for regional and global resources
- Execute standard operating procedures to ensure quality and security is maintained
- Provide maintenance according to procedures to ensure reliability and systems performance
- Answers inquiries by clarifying desired information by researching, locating, and providing information
- Resolve problems by clarifying issues, researching, and exploring answers and alternative solutions, implementing solutions, and escalating unresolved problems.
- Fulfil requests by clarifying desired information, completing transactions, and forwarding requests.
- Maintain accurate records of performance metrics and deliverables.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Experience and Qualifications
- University graduate or equivalent experience in IT
- Strong computer skills, software knowledge and technical proficiency
- Preferably Danish language spoken and written, but additionally also strong command of spoken and written English.
- 3+ years experience in IT L2 support or IT infrastructure maintenance or Network (GSM, Internet, Satellite) Provider engineering/support
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience to support Unix and Windows based servers
- Ability to quickly identify and resolve problems to ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to operate effectively with high energy and flexibility in a quality, fast-paced, and constantly evolving environment
- Result oriented with aptitude for continuous process improvements
- Understanding principles of Satellite signal distribution systems, experience working with satellite receiving equipment.
- SQL knowledge, ability to write scripts and analyze data
- Experience to support Unix and Windows based server
What can we offer you as an employee of Nielsen
You will be part of a newly established team of in total 35 people who are all deeply engaged with a truly world first pioneering assignment, which has scope for going beyond Denmark. The work environment is professional and independent, but at the same time collaborative and relaxed. In addition to salary, pension and private health insurance are included, and you have 5 weeks of annual holiday + 5 days off. We have an employee canteen with a menu that you will not find better elsewhere in the city.
Application and addtional information
Please use the ‘apply’ link, and send your application letter / note and CV in Danish or English. Please note that we only have the opportunity to accept applications from citizens of Denmark / EU or persons who hold an unlimited residence or work permit in Denmark.
Should you have any questions about this position, you are welcome to contact our affiliated recruiter: Jacob Sten Madsen by email Jacob.firstname.lastname@example.org or via SMS / text message +44 77 33 26 48 33
Applications are processed continuously and as soon as possible. We want to get this position filled as soon as possible, as soon as the right cadidate found.
Nielsen works with a comprehensive diversity and inclsion policy, details of which can be seen below and on our website www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.