Europe / Netherlands / UT / Nieuwegein
Technology & Engineering
#: 78783-en_US / 78783
Combine your passion for Tech and Sport!
Who are we?
Gracenote Sports is a leading international sports company that provides innovative and unique
products and services to the sports industry. Gracenote Sports is engaged in producing, distributing, publishing and monetization of sports data on all platforms.
Gracenote’s sports database is one of the largest in the world. Customers and partners are national and international media, TV channels, international sports federations, organizers of events (such as the Olympics and the Commonwealth Games), global auto manufacturers and global consumer electronics manufacturers.
Gracenote Sports offers its customers innovative distribution and publishing solutions with the
ambition to publish their multilingual sports data in an unified schema within one second in all products.
Gracenote Sports is part of Gracenote Inc., headquartered in Emeryville, California and is part of the Nielsen Media Company
What does the job involve?
You join the Applications team, an experienced, informal and enthusiastic scrum team of 5 developers. The team is responsible for the development of highly scalable, flexible and responsive front end applications that are used on many high traffic international websites. Our Olympic widgets reached more than 300 million hits in 2 weeks on the NBC Olympic website.
The products that the Applications team develop and support include:
- Our widget platform, a React based product enabling our customers to integrate our sports data directly in their web pages
- Our hosted pages platform, a NodeJS and Express based product supplying seamless white labelled sports results pages to our customers
- Examples of projects you will be working on in the next year:
- Development of a generic schedule widget that is able to display all sports in all timezones in all languages
- Development of widgets that can render in Smart TV applications
- Creation of Olympic widgets to give clients a full and rich Olympic coverage
- A multinational company, with clients like FIFA, NOS, NBC, IOC, Eurosport, NU.nl, and many more
- Working in an Agile and Scrum development environment
- Working with state of the art techniques (React, Node.js, MongoDB, Kubernetes, AWS Lambda e.g.)
- An informal atmosphere in a dynamic media company with opportunities for ownership and personal development
- Motivated, sports minded colleagues
- A competitive salary and good benefits
- A laptop with OS of choice (Windows, Mac OSX or Linux)
The ideal candidate:
- experience with React, ES6, Jest, WebPack, MongoDB and Sass
- minimum of three years of experience as a programmer
- write unit tested code as part of standard coding practices
- energetic team player
- experience working in an Agile environment.
- good communication skills and is able to share his/her knowledge with the team.
- good knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written.
Furthermore, it is an advantage if you:
- Have an affinity with sports
- Are used to working with the scrum framework
- Like to understand and brainstorm about architecture
- Have experience with API’s, JSON(P) and XML
- Have knowledge of other (front end) technologies like Node.js, AngularJS and Typescript
Are you looking for a sports challenge within an international, ambitious organization, please apply for the role. Above all, we are looking for good problem solvers and critical thinkers who keep an open mind, stay relevant by continually educating themselves, and are passionate about efficiency and good design. If you enjoy learning and applying new things, we want to talk with you.
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!