Europe / United Kingdom / / Newcastle upon Tyne
Technology & Engineering
#: 75084-en_US / 75084
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Sr. Software Developer will design and implement new features and systems that contribute to the revenue and efficiency of the Nielsen Ad Intelligence business.
This role will be part of a group of senior developers tasked with changing the way software is delivered within Nielsen Ad Intelligence.
- Analyzes, designs, and documents software applications
- Constructs, tests, installs, and maintains software applications
- Leads other developers in designing and building scalable and thoughtful solutions
- Researches, assesses, and facilitates the adoption of new technologies
- Participates on project team reviews
- Helps to establish team and cross team practices that contribute to greater velocity and quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Expert ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding problems.
- Advanced knowledge of C# .net Core
- Advanced knowledge of AWS services
- Advanced knowledge of Postgres or similar open-source database technologies ● A knowledge of NOSQL database technology
- A knowledge of Scala and Spark.
- Some experience with CICD practices within a AWS environment.
- Expert knowledge of appropriate operating systems and communication interfaces.
- Expert understanding of and the ability to apply software design and testing principles.
- Good interpersonal skills.
TEAM: 8 experienced developers
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.