Europe / United Kingdom / / London
Client Service & Sales
#: 98061-en_US / 98061
Sales Lead – Media Planning Solutions – 98061
Client Services and Sales – Great Britain London, London
“Audience is Everything!”
At Nielsen we are a global leader in audience insights, data and analytics, shaping the future of media. Measuring behavior across all channels and platforms to discover what audiences love, we empower our clients with trusted intelligence that fuels action. An S&P 500 company, we operate around the world in more than 55 countries and have over 10,000 colleagues globally.
We are looking for an individual to join our growing team to sell a range of planning solutions. Nielsen planning software helps clients to identify the right audience, explore how it uses media, then make the best decision about where and when to engage it. Our clients are global brands, publishers, platforms and media agencies and we need an experienced and enthusiastic individual that wants to help keep, develop and win new clients, whilst working alongside a collaborative and fun team based in London.
- Working with senior management and regional peers to develop and execute a sales strategy, mapping both account developing and new business opportunities
- Partnering current clients, ensuring they are getting value from our solutions with a consultative sales approach
- Managing commercial, renewal and upsell conversations
- Nurturing inbound inquiries and actively prospecting for new business opportunities
- Developing, pitching for and closing a pipeline of opportunities with a focus on the UK and Europe
- Supporting wider Nielsen sales teams to convert planning opportunities that they have uncovered
- Acting an as internal lead on solution best practice, demonstrating and training on software and understanding / communicating the key data use cases & value propositions to clients
- Prepare sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to management through weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting including risks, opportunities, wins and losses
- Partnering internally to uncover and contribute to ideas to develop our solutions, offering or software
- Several years sales experience, with a demonstrable background in developing key accounts and winning new business
- Experienced in media planning, selling media planning solutions or marketing analytics, understands the needs of agencies, advertisers and publishers in this space
- Understands sales and marketing data utilised in media planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to establish rapport and build relationships both internally and externally
- Has gravitas when presenting solutions, creates bespoke proposals and closes sales based on thoughtful analysis of customer needs and expectations
- Team player that wants to develop and grow individually, but also to drive growth for the business
- Has a strong work ethic & self-starter mentality, able to overcome challenges and focus on end goals
Why work for Nielsen?
In return for your skills we offer up a competitive salary and a generous leave package and other benefits including :
- Flexible working/remote working
- Fidelity Pension
- AXA Private Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- 25 days holidays pa with option to purchase an additional 10 extra days
- Gym membership discounts
- Family friendly policies: Childcare vouchers /Maternity/Paternity/Adoption/Parental leave
- Season ticket loans/Car benefits/ £1000 Cycle to Work scheme
- £1000 refer a friend scheme
- Unum Lifeworks – private & confidential helpline
- Discounts and savings on shopping and much more…
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!