Europe / Netherlands / NB / ‘s-Hertogenbosch /
Client Service & Sales
#: 743999740266924 / 50245025
Netherlands – Den Bosch – Precima Office
ABOUT THIS JOB
Precima (a part of NIELSENIQ) is a global, innovative data science company that helps retailers turn shopper insights into strategic advantage. Our solutions leverage the full power of customer-centric retailing to drive transformative change across your business.
Are you passionate about data & analytics, and love to see your work in action while wandering through grocery stores? To work with experts across the globe on a weekly basis in a great learning environment? If yes, read on! This role is an integral part of the Merchandising Analytics team, with a key responsibility to deliver Precima’s Retail Pricing insights to clients. The successful incumbent in this role will have thorough understanding of statistical and econometric modeling in merchandising analytics applications supported by data engineering and analytical skills. The Analyst, Merchandising will report to the Associate Director, Client Analytics.
- Implement outcomes of advanced statistical and econometric models of the merchandising mix. Provide analytical consulting on best practices and approaches.
- Process, interpret and document, analytical results to multiple business disciplines, by providing conclusions and recommendations based on transactional data. The Analyst, Merchandising will be an internal expert in advanced analytics capabilities. Develop methodology and implement analyses that enable more profitable pricing and promotion decisions.
- Drives and implements automation of the client delivery process from modelling outputs to implementable business recommendations.
- Work closely with internal analytical teams as a vital linking-pin between client needs and the Precima modeling solutions.
- Develop analytical objectives and define data requirements. Extract, clean, and transform customer and item level data for purposes of analysis – turn data into insights.
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Econometrics, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science.
- Passion for numbers, motivated to understand the story these numbers are telling us (i.e. consumer behaviour)
- Experienced in data processing and automation
- Experience in marketing and/or merchandising analytics – pricing and promotion related analytics is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and SQL
- R or Python is preferred
- Business English – verbal and written communication
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Make an impact in the market: your efforts will be visible in our clients’ stores
- Modern international working environment and fast paced learning experience
- Work with the most advanced solutions in the merchandising space
- Exciting work on the forefront of data science, analytics and customer insights in an International context
- Opportunities to grow within a global mother company (NielsenIQ) and become an expert in the fast growing area of Big Data and Customer Insights