Europe / Poland / / Warsaw
Technology & Engineering
#: 86361-en_US / 86361
Principal Software Developer – 86361
Technology and Engineering – Poland Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Consistent track record of building highly scalable and resilient, 24×7 applications
- Understand the enterprise architecture within the context of existing platforms services and strategic direction.
- Digest broader enterprise, horizontal view across all technical disciplines to evaluate interoperability and incorporate it in solution architecture
- Implement end-to-end solutions with sound technical architecture, in Big Data analytics framework along with customized solutions that are scalable, with primary focus on performance, quality, maintainability, cost and testability.
- Drive innovative solutions within the platform to establish common components, while allowing customization of solutions for different products.
- Conduct hands- on development of data analytics in line with reporting needs as reference implementation for the team.
- Verify accuracy, performance, scalability, stability, cost-effectiveness and maintainability of team delivery.
- Perform hands-on technology spikes following standard architecture, design patterns and company policies, standards and best practices.
- Develop design specifications, continuous build and deployment strategy to drive Agile methodology. Recommend changes on project design concepts to improve efficiency.
- Coach and mentor junior developers on design and technical issues, and support development of systems where needed.
- Setup and manage expectations with upstream and downstream scrums involved as well as with consultants that are part of the scrum
- Good communication and collaboration skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze and tackle performance and scalability problems
- Deep understanding of Agile and DevOps development processes and supporting tools (TDD, CI/CD, etc.)
Tools used: Java, Scala, Spring, Spark, Spark SQL and Streaming, SQL, Cloud (including AWS), Docker, RDBMS (such as Postgres and/or Oracle), Linux, Shell scripting, GitLab.
- Master’s degree (U.S. or foreign equivalent) in computer science, engineering, or a related field with an information technology focus plus five (5) years of experience in software development OR Bachelor’s degree (U.S. or foreign equivalent) in computer science, engineering, or a related field with an information technology focus plus eight (8) years of experience in software development.
- Three (5) years of experience required with
- Expert object-oriented and functional Java development skills
- Solid experience designing and developing microservices architectures around reporting/data analytics
- Three (3) years of experience required with:
- Service oriented architecture; Kubernetes/Docker; Scala or Java based distributed processing;
- Big data using noSQL like Spark in developing distributed processing applications;
- Continuous integration (CI) / continuous delivery (CD) pipeline using Gitlab/Jenkins,
- Experience with the Amazon Web Services ecosystem (more specifically ECS/EKS, RDS, S3 etc)
- Experience with automation technologies such as Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, or CloudFoundry.
- Demonstrated ability to architect pluggable, reusable platform components pertinent to data analytics and ingestion technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development technology, principles, methods, tools, and practices and industry standards and trends; and current web and database technologies.
- Demonstrated effective analytical, oral and written communication, project management, and strategic problem-solving and solution-finding skills.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Warsaw,Masovian Voivodeship
Secondary Locations: , , ,