Europe / Netherlands / / Amsterdam
#: 106516-en_US / 106516
Schedule Editor, French – 106516
Gracenote – Netherlands Amsterdam, North Holland
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of Schedule Editor is a full-time position, responsible for the efficient processing and curation of entertainment metadata, both television programming guides and VOD/OVD video catalogues. It requires diligent workflow management to accurately process, update, and match television programming as it updates and becomes available from different content providers. Schedule Editors provide extended support to key clients by working to catch any last-minute schedule updates and to ensure all business operation needs are being met. This is a multifaceted position that requires in-depth knowledge of many internal workflows and processes. Organisational skills, multitasking, and the ability to self-motivate and work independently are critical to the success of this role. Schedule Editors assist and report directly to Ingest Metadata Production Team Leaders, who manage all market-specific daily operations. The ideal candidate will be able to accurately process a high volume of entertainment metadata in a timely fashion. They will be able to manipulate this data, to normalise and enhance it for evergreen use in the Gracenote database.
• Acquire, normalize, and enhance entertainment metadata (television electronic programming guides) from various content providers.
• Processing and manipulation of data required to ingest correctly into in-house software tools.
• High attention to detail is required to ensure that high-quality, accurate and timely, evergreen content is created in the Gracenote database.
• Investigate, query, and confirm questionable programming content when applicable.
• Run quality and assurance checks via systematic reports looking at the live database.
• Analyse and recommend process improvements. • Contribute to team and department projects as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Proficient knowledge of the French language (B2 level or higher).
• Experience using computer software and databases, very good keyboarding skills.
• Data entry experience using content management systems beneficial.
• Experience with, or desire to work within a team, excellent communication skills.
• Must be able to work accurately under deadline.
• Good knowledge of television, movies and VOD programming is a plus, especially in the market language.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The powerful combination of Nielsen and Gracenote brings together world-class entertainment metadata that helps millions of people find, discover and tune-in to entertainment they love with Schedule Editor – French Nielsen’s audience measurement expertise about what people are actually watching, listening to and buying.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action.
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, provides music, video, and sports content along with technologies to the world’s hottest entertainment products and brands. Gracenote is the global standard for music and video recognition which is supported by the largest source of entertainment data. Gracenote features descriptions of more than 200 million tracks, TV listings for 85+ countries and statistics from 4,500 sport leagues and competitions
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Amsterdam,North Holland