Europe / United Kingdom / England / Woking /
Client Service & Sales
#: 743999730023102 / 50242101
ABOUT THIS JOB
Nielsen Book is a division of Nielsen and first established in 1858, Nielsen Book is a leading aggregator, curator and supplier of bibliographic information, provider of business to business transactions infrastructure and market insights to booksellers, librarians and publishers in over 100 countries.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
A market leader in the Publishing industry we have a fantastic opportunity within our Nielsen Book business at an exciting time to join our organization.
As Lead Account Manager, you will take the lead in managing a portfolio of high profile publisher accounts.
You will be responsible for establishing excellent relationships with your clients, and the effective territory planning your portfolio of accounts, arranging regular client visits, attending industry/trade events and strategic work with industry partners.
- Manage a portfolio of key publishing clients, publishing representatives and publisher agencies globally to assist them with cascading their data throughout the world to the Book Trade ecosystem via our established Publisher Enhanced service.
- Be responsible for creating and executing strategic plans for accounts in your portfolio.
- Seek out opportunities to grow revenue streams within the account portfolio, and identify cross-sell and upsell opportunities.
- Maximize client retention and handle contract negotiations for renewals, keep all client records up to date in our CRM (SalesForce).
- Communicate internally and externally to ensure the account is run smoothly and efficiently with support teams and the wider sales team.
- Work with Matrix teams across the organization, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Product Development, and Customer Service teams.
- A proven track record as an account manager with an experience in Key Account Management where you have shown sales growth and great client relationships within your account portfolio
- A strong background of managing accounts in the Publishing industry, Information/Data Sales, would be preferred, good experience from a B2B or SAAS environment would also be considered.
- Book trade / Publishing Industry experience advantageous but not essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A self-starter who can confidently work with different internal teams
- A passion for first-rate customer service and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Record of account management experience, exceeding revenue targets and
- Negotiation skills
The role will typically be based at the Nielsen Book offices in Woking, with some overseas and UK travel required. There is flexibility for the successful candidate to be a home-worker.
Due to the current restrictions and requirements for safety in the face of Covid-19 please be aware that many associates are working from home, and travel for work is suspended at this time in line with Nielsen policy. Once travel restrictions ease a typical amount of travel would be 25% of the time for this role.