Europe / Netherlands / / Rotterdam
#: 83508-en_US / 83508
Senior Data Scientist – Media Analytics – 83508
Data Science – Netherlands Rotterdam, South Holland
Passionate about data analytics and econometric modelling? Join our team!
You will work in (small) teams on challenging modeling projects using a variety of exciting analytical skills and tools. Our clients are well-known companies from around the world operating in many markets. You will help them understand the effect of their marketing efforts and what they can do to improve this because you are equipped with knowledge and expertise in the field of quantitative techniques such as econometric modeling and simulation. You will apply your developed methods and models to different challenges in the field of media & marketing, such as the allocation of advertising budgets or campaign effectiveness analysis.
You are results-oriented, comprehending complex problems quickly and creative in finding solutions. You are part of a diverse team that consists of people with similar quantitative backgrounds, and experts from the concerning work field. Being part of Nielsen, you will be able to work with major clients from all around the globe and have access to huge amounts of data.
What you will do
- Processing, analyzing and modeling data from various sources within a small project team working towards a client delivery
- Making decisions about data, methodology, and modeling within a project to ensure the quality of the outcomes, and discuss progress and issues with the project lead
- Instructing more junior project members in their tasks, and reviewing their work. Taking the (technical) lead of project teams.
- Initiating technical improvements of existing solutions, and contributing to the development of new analytical product offerings for (future) clients in the field of media.
Is this for you?
- Master’s degree with an emphasis on analytics & statistics such as Econometrics, (Technical/Applied) Mathematics or a related study;
- 3-6 years of experience;
- Excellent understanding of statistics and econometric modeling;
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with a keen eye for detail;
- Strong technical skills, extensive coding experience, preferably Python;
- Experience with taking the technical lead in projects
- Knowledge of probabilistic programming or Bayesian modelling techniques is a plus;
- Experience with coaching and/or people management is a plus
- Interested in the media landscape and quantitative marketing;
- Good understanding of the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Residing in The Netherlands or willing to relocate.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Rotterdam,South Holland
Secondary Locations: , , ,