Europe / Netherlands / / Amsterdam
#: 103821-en_US / 103821
Gracenote a company owned by Nielsen provides music, video and sports metadata and automatic content recognition (ACR) technologies to entertainment services and companies, worldwide.
Gracenote’s music recognition technologies compare digital music files to a worldwide database of music information, enabling digital audio devices to identify songs. We license our technologies to developers of consumer electronics devices and online media players, who integrate the technologies into media players, home and car stereos, and digital music devices.
More about Gracenote: www.gracenote.com
As we are ramping up our activities across Europe as well as globally, we have an increasing need for someone to take on the responsibility of being the Project Manager for newly acquired customers, predominantly across Europe, – but also on an ad-hoc basis elsewhere.
This role sit at critical point and has full cycle project delivery responsibilities covering both client liaison, enagagement side as well as coordination and involvement of internal resources.
Projects may vary in size and complexity as well as cover any of the areas of Music, Video, Sports, Automotive and Video Personalization.
The Senior Project Manager will primarily be responsible for leading large client implementations onto Gracenote products. Other responsibilities include the development of project management best practices, managing internal projects sponsored by the CX department and mentoring less experienced team members on managing projects.
Role is permanent full time
Location is Amsterdam/Netherlands
Start date is as soon as possible, – when right candidate having been found
In this role you will be:
- Serve as the project manager/team leader for selected key client implementation projects and operational projects/process improvements
- Lead a global and cross functional team to achieve project milestones and goals
- Develop/manage project timelines including identifying and scheduling project deliverables and milestones
- Work closely with client to understand, track, and implement requirements
- Responsible for setting and documenting customer expectations for acceptance criteria and ensuring sign-off of such criteria
- Identify risks and manage mitigation strategies; identify and coordinate issues resolution
- Compile project reports and communicate project status; interact with stakeholders and coordinate the activities of the project team to ensure the project objectives are met
- Create a program view of global client implementations to inform steering committee of status, risks, and areas in which blockers need to be addressed
- Understand at a high level how TMS products are being utilized and how changes to existing products and new products will impact a customer’s product implementation during an implementation project
- Create, update, and roll out templates for project management best practices to CX dept
- Mentor less experienced team members on project implementations as needed
- Identify and manage program dependency coordination with both internal groups and vendors
For this role we are looking for Individuals who have
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of program and project management experience
- Experience working with global and remote teams
- Experience working in a client facing role
- Strong interpersonal skills to facilitate meetings where you will articulate complex concepts and assignments
- The ability to create forward-looking, value-prioritized project plans with flexible and creative use of tools
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively with a high level of attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience using common project management and software development tools: e.g. spreadsheets, JIRA, Confluence, Power Point, and shared on-line documents such as google docs
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills; ability to take a complex problem and provide a simplified solution
- Excellent communication, negotiation, relationship building and presentation skills. Proficient with commonly used documentation and presentation tools.
- Strong sense of ownership, follow-through and a commitment to achieving timely results
- Ability to occasionally post pandemic travel to client sites, other Gracenote offices when necessary
Of advantage to the above are:
- PMP or similar certification/training
- Six Sigma or process improvement certification/training
What can we offer you as a Nielsen employee
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a varied and demanding area of responsibility as well as an open corporate culture with numerous development opportunities. Above all, our employees appreciate the ability to work independently in a motivated and very friendly team. Social responsibility, open communication and living our values can be found not only on our homepage, but also in everyday work.
Application, additional information or questions
Please apply through submittal of an application letter and CV in English using the link in this job advertisement. If you have any further questions, please contact the recruiter responsible for this role. Mr Madsen email: Jacob.firstname.lastname@example.org