Europe / Switzerland / TI / Lugano
#: 74183-en_US / 74183
Are you an engineer who enjoys the challenge of working with Big Data sets? Are you looking for a role focused on innovation and research in the field of machine learning? If yes – this could be the next exciting opportunity for you!
Nielsen Global Media collects billions of data points on what consumers watch and buy. We study consumers in more than 100 countries, and help our clients globally identify unmet needs, develop new products and deliver them in an engaging way. We are constantly evolving, not only in terms of where we measure, or who we measure, but in how our insights can help drive profitable growth.
We’re looking for a highly motivated, technically savvy individual with strong experience in Python backend development and applying machine learning to help solve our most complex problems. envi. Creativity and lateral thinking are crucial to achieve the challenging goals we face.
Our Data Scientists develop software solutions for the International Media business, specifically, the productionalization and optimization of Nielsen’s algorithms of Television and Radio measurement solutions. In this role, it is expected that the candidate will cooperate designing and building the new algorithms for TV and Digital audience measurements, using Python and Spark. The successful candidate will work in partnership with other team members in a fast paced, agile environment. This requires not only the technical expertise that will be required but also collaboration and soft skills to work well in a team environment.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop, test, and document new software features required by the business
- Refactor research software to production grade standards, improving performance and reliability
- Contribute in the algorithm development
- Become knowledgeable on the complexity of the Audience Measurements world
- Perform code reviews
Person specifications/ Competencies required:
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Between 3 to 5 years of related professional experience in a similar role
- Solid experience with Python, preferably in ML context
- Experience with Pandas, Spark, Linux
- Experience with test driven development
- Desirable experience in Agile Scrum
- Desirable knowledge of AirFlow, HiveSQL
- Excellent command of English
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop effective relationships with other team members.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Effective communication skills – able to communicate the information with clarity and precision
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com