Europe / Switzerland / / Lugano
#: 81002-en_US / 81002
Software Engineer – 81002
Data Science – Switzerland Lugano, Ticino
Are you an engineer who thrives working with Big Data sets? Are you an engineer who enjoys innovation and research in the field of machine learning? If yes – you are looking at the right position.
We at Nielsen Media, collect billions of data points on media consumption on television and digital devices around the world. We help our clients to get insights on their audience, using data to develop new products and algorithms to empower their decision making capabilities.
Ideal candidate would be a highly motivated, technically savvy individual with strong experience in Python backend development and familiar with machine learning. Creativity and lateral thinking are encouraged to achieve challenging goals.
What will I do?
- Develop software solutions for the International Data Science business. Specifically, the productionalization and optimization of Nielsen’s algorithms of Television, Radio and Digital measurement solutions. In this role, it is expected that the candidate will cooperate designing and building new software backend applications for audience measurements data processing, using Python and Spark. The candidate is expected to work in partnership with other teams in a fast paced, agile environment. This requires not only the technical expertise but also collaboration and soft skills to work well in a dynamic environment.
- Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop, test, and document new software features required by the business
- Refactor research software prototypes to production grade standards, improving performance and reliability
- Contribute in the algorithm development
- Become knowledgeable on the complexity of the Audience Measurements world
- Perform code reviews
Is this for me?
- University degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Between 3 to 5 years of related professional experience in a similar role
- Solid experience with Python, preferably in ML context
- Experience in performance optimization, scalability and engineering best practices
- Experience with Apache Spark
- Experience with test driven development
- Desirable experience in Agile Scrum and GIT workflows
- Excellent command of English
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop effective relationships with other team members.
- Self-motivated and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Effective communication skills – able to communicate the information with clarity and precision
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Lugano,Ticino
Secondary Locations: , , ,