Europe / Netherlands / / Nieuwegein
#: 109662-en_US / 109662
ABOUT THE JOB
Gracenote Sports is hiring a Team Lead for one of its most versatile teams: the AllSports Data Control team.
This team deals with collecting data for over 200 different sports. This includes keeping track of calendar and schedules and the athletes involved, ensuring (live)results and scores can be entered, performing quality tasks, and providing support to clients. This team also documents standards for each sport and makes sure other parts of the organization are aware of those standards.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the AllSports team, and act as a coach for your team of sports experts, encouraging a culture of growth and knowledge sharing.
- Ensure the team’s work schedule is being prepared and timely communicated to the team.
- Establish short and long term goals for the team, and for each individual team member.
- Establish areas for improvements, albeit workflows, input toolings, use of sources. Work together with stakeholders, including our engineering team, to implement these improvements.
- Establish and maintain high standards for quality, accuracy, timeliness and the efficient delivery of data to meet KPIs, constantly looking for ways to improve quality and coverage utilizing automated and manual processes.
- Collaborate with Gracenote Sports teams in Canada, India, South Korea and the U.S.A.
- Participating in the team’s rotational schedule as needed.
- Four years of experience with supervisory responsibilities. Formal people leadership experience is a bonus.
- You have the drive to become a great leader.
- College level bachelor’s degree (Dutch HBO), or equivalent work experience.
- A passion for sports and data, high level of sports knowledge.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English.
- Work proficiently on a PC & using various software applications, with experience in a data processing or collection environment preferred.
- Open to working hours that align with professional sports (morning/evening/weekends and occasionally nights during special events)
ABOUT THE TEAM
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, provides music, video, and sports content along with technologies to the world’s hottest entertainment products and brands. Gracenote is the global standard for music and video recognition which is supported by the largest source of entertainment data. Gracenote features descriptions of more than 200 million tracks, TV listings for 85+ countries and statistics from 4,500 sport leagues and competitions.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action.