Europe / United Kingdom / / London
Technology & Engineering
#: 90609-en_US / 90609
UX Researcher – 90609
Technology and Engineering – Great Britain London, London
We are Nielsen, a global research company with almost a century of scientific expertise. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. From global industry leaders and national regulatory bodies to small businesses, we work with them all. Every day our software empowers analysts, data scientists, and lawmakers in 100+ countries to make better decisions in our fast-changing world.
We’re looking for a UX Researcher to be part of our global UX team, supporting web applications that empower advertisers, publishers and agencies with the intelligence they need to drive revenue, increase market share, and optimize their audiences and investments around the globe.
As a UX Researcher you will:
- Work closely with cross-functional, geographically distributed teams of product managers, designers, researchers, engineers and end-users
- Assist in planning and execution of research studies
- Gain user insights through qualitative and quantitative methods
- Write research reports that synthesize study findings
What are we looking for?
- At least 2 years of experience as a UX Researcher
- Experience assisting with different research methods including usability testing, focus groups, survey design, card sort studies, persona development, ethnographic research
- Experience developing journey-maps or process flows
- Mining usage data to glean areas of opportunity
- Writing research reports
- Balancing work priorities across multiple initiatives and contributing to estimation and planning at the project level
Skills and mindset:
- You’re a master of empathy both for the user and co-workers to enable you to communicate your observations effectively
- Attention for details, strong organizational and analytical skills and business acumen
- You have a deep curiosity for how and why users interact with a product or service, seek reasons behind their behavior, wants, needs and priorities
- A collaborative mentality with a need for continuous learning
- Excellent communication skills – You can effectively establish understanding and rationale of your insights
- Proficiency with tools, such as usertesting.com, SPSS, Qualtrics, Web Analytics or similar tools
- Comfortable working in a large, international, corporate and cross time-zone environment with remote teams
Extra points for:
- Experience or keen interest in storytelling through data visualization
- Knowledge and background working in the marketing industry
- MA/MS in experimental psychology, human factors, human-computer interaction, market research or related field, or a BA/BS in one of these fields with significant industry experience
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: London,London
Secondary Locations: , , ,