North America / United States / TX / Dallas
Client Service & Sales
#: 107890-en_US / 107890
Account Manager, Sales – 107890
Client Services and Sales – USA Dallas, Texas
About the Job
As an Account Manager-Sales, you will be the primary point person responsible for sales & revenue generating activities for Nielsen products and services to Nielsen’s Local Media clients. This includes Local TV Stations, Broadcast Group Owners, Cable Operators, Broadcast Associations, Rep Firms and Consultants across the US.
In this role you will be focused on driving success for your clients by leveraging the full spectrum of Nielsen solutions. You will collaborate with your Nielsen colleagues to provide clients with an expansive array of software systems and customized data solutions targeted to their marketing, analytical, audience & revenue growth objectives. You will provide insights and value-added support to the client’s business. Your role is aimed at achieving the highest levels of client satisfaction, while delivering on specific revenue goals.
- Build trust-based relationships with key contacts at the client, from front-end users to C-suite decision makers; strive to independently build deeper and wider relationships within and across client organization by building a comprehensive understanding of client and marketplace and leveraging prior experience and client service acumen
- Construct client presentations with consistent themes & narratives demonstrating Nielsen’s commitment to achieve their growth objectives
- Utilize full suite of Nielsen products to help your clients succeed in all aspects of their business including sales, programming, news, promotions, management and research
- Through an intimate knowledge of the Local Media industry & your clients’ specific business objectives, demonstrate how Nielsen’s solutions enhance their market position and drive their revenue growth
- Negotiate & close multi-year agreements with our Local TV clients. Identify client needs, demonstrate Nielsen’s value to solve, propose, negotiate & close these contracts with C-level client leaders
- Identify, cultivate, negotiate & close new business opportunities across your client base
- Develop and present compelling sales presentations to drive client interest and accelerate the sales cycle
- Seek out & develop collaborative internal relationships to satisfy client needs and meet/exceed the revenue results for both the client & Nielsen
- Working knowledge of Digital advertising. Ability to articulate and present Nielsen’s digital solutions suite and their benefits to measure & monetize Linear TV Streaming, OTT, Addressable & Advanced Advertising platforms
- Coordinate with various support teams (software, data science, product leadership, field, etc.) to solve client questions & ensure high-usage of Nielsen products across the client organization
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including legal, finance, pricing and sales management to develop proposals
- Provide accurate and timely sales forecasting updates to management
- Utilize SalesForce for strong coordination between Account Sales and Account Management teams as well as tracking and forecasting
- 4 year college degree
- Experience in Local Media, television station, rep firm, local cable entity, Nielsen or related company
- Proven track record of sales experience & revenue success
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing Nielsen data, products and methodology
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate client relationships at all levels within a client organization. Local station researchers & managers, regional managers & C-level client executives.
- Technical proficiency in Google Suite & MS Office suite
- Demonstrated ability to author proposals and make presentations to station managers & broadcast group executives
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong business communication, writing, analytical, presentation and organization skills.
- Interest and willingness to meet with clients in person once business travel resumes
- The desire and proven ability to work in a team
Note: This position does provide a work from home opportunity with the requirement to go into a Nielsen office or meet with local colleagues on an as needed basis. This position will require approximately 30-50% domestic travel within an assigned territory once business travel resumes.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Dallas,Texas
Secondary Locations: CA – Los Angeles, NY – New York City, GA – Atlanta – Alpharetta,
Travel: Yes, 50% of the Time