North America / United States / GA / Atlanta – Alpharetta
Client Service & Sales
#: 107887-en_US / 107887
Account Manager, Service – 107887
Client Services and Sales – USA Atlanta, Georgia
About the Job
As an Account Manager in Nielsen’s Local Media Client Services Division, you will deliver world-class service to our most important Local Media clients. You will be dedicated to making your Nielsen clients successful by communicating Nielsen information, changes in methodology and interpreting what it means for your clients. You will seek to uncover opportunities to expand the client’s relationship with Nielsen and ways for Nielsen to provide actionable solutions and insights. Working with all Nielsen products including basic ratings, digital, software products, Scarborough, custom analytics and others, you will be responsible for servicing all areas of your clients’ organization. You will be expected to work individually and in tandem with your team colleagues and sales partners as well as collaboratively with Product, Analytics and Custom teams to provide expert solutions and service to each of your clients.
- Serve as the Nielsen connection for Local TV stations and Cable Operators to drive education, new revenue opportunities and usage of our products
- Pro-actively identify new revenue & sales opportunities with Nielsen clients in your territory. Transition these opportunities to your Sales & Revenue colleagues in the Local Media Client Service organization.
- Possess a thorough understanding of Nielsen methods, data and full suite of products and capabilities in order to accurately address questions from clients and internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with colleagues to provide clients with comprehensive research and sales support
- Manage all aspects of Basic service and methodology changes for each client
- Engage with corporate research leads and all levels of our client’s management team – Research, Sales, Creative Services and News- with custom tailored solutions to their specific needs
- Educate clients on media trends in their market and how Nielsen is innovating to measure local television now & in the future. Pro-actively call clients to check in, provide sample and product updates, ask questions and assess their changing needs.
- Pro-actively monitor station and competitive performance and produce analyses that yield actionable insights
- Pro-actively share Thought Leadership pieces, Client Communications, Local Watch Report, Total Audience Report, etc. with focus on why Nielsen data is critical to their success. Coordinate with Media Analytics, Field, Product and Data Science to deliver easily understood answers to client questions using Nielsen data
- Utilize SalesForce for strong coordination between Account Sales and Account Management colleagues
- Partner with Commercial Operations to drive product usage with training and best practices
- Coordinate with vertical leads for support of Network owned stations, Group owned Broadcasters, Regional Sports Nets, Cable Ad Sales
- Interface with Field Directors and conduct sample performance calls as needed
- 4 year college degree
- Experience at a television station, agency, cable entity, Nielsen or related media company
- Demonstrated knowledge utilizing Nielsen data, products and methodology
- Technical proficiencies in Microsoft Office & Google Suite
- Demonstrated ability to write cohesive client letters and make presentations to medium to large audiences
- Strong business communication, writing, analytical, presentation and organization skills
- The desire and proven ability to work in a team
- An intellectual curiosity, passion and enthusiasm for television/digital media data
- Interest and willingness to meet with clients in person once we resume business travel
Note: This position does provide a work from home opportunity with the requirement to go into a Nielsen office or meet with local colleagues on an as needed basis. This position will require approximately 25% domestic travel within an assigned territory once business travel resumes.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Atlanta,Georgia
Secondary Locations: IL – Chicago, TX – Dallas, NY – New York City,
Travel: Yes, 25% of the Time