India / India / MH / Pune /
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 743999721101109 / REF371C
ABOUT THIS JOB
At Nielsen, an Accounts Payable Associate is responsible for performing daily accounts payable activities including invoice processing, payment runs and reconciliations for their respective markets. In addition, this position will have direct communication and interaction with internal customers and external vendors.
- Perform all aspects of the accounts payable function by matching purchase orders to invoices and entering the invoices into SAP/TAP according to Nielsen ́s policies
- Ensures day-to-day account payables transactions are timely recorded, documented, reviewed and supported in accordance with Nielsen ́s policies and SOX controls.
- Identify invoices errors or discrepancies and resolve before processing.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements.
- Report indirect taxes (sales, VAT, etc) by calculating requirements on invoices
- Perform month-end closing activities including, but not limited to, expense accruals, journal entries and supporting schedules/ analysis
- Prepare the reconciliation of payables-related general ledger accounts in accordance with Nielsen ́s policies
- Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual schedules and internal and external reporting packages
- Preparing Payment proposal and conducting weekly payment run
- Properly apply payments in SAP by invoice
- Research and resolve any outstanding balances on accounts, including communications with vendors and internal stakeholders
- Assist in preparing responses to periodic requests for information from Nielsen Corporate and external auditors
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and legal requirements
- Assist on special project work as directed by manager.
- Other duties as assigned at either market or regional level under guidance from Operational Controllers, regional P2P managers, or their teams, or more broadly from/with the Global Financial Controlling community.
- Work with Associate Operational Controller, Operational Controller and their teams on compliance and governance.
- Work with Business Finance (FP&A) and Revenue Controlling as well as internally with other Finance & Accounting colleagues on processes and systems.
- Link up with internal audit for internal control or audit purposes.
- Other transverse functions (facilities, Sourcing, HR, legal, etc.)
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
A successful Invoice & Payment Processing Associate will achieve a balanced coordination and seamless execution of accounts payable and payment related activities in countries assigned. S/he will have met all accounts payable and payment metrics and ensured solid controls are in place and functioning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2 to 4 years of experience in accounting of a multinational company.
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP AP module is a plus)
- Working knowledge of accounting concepts under U.S. GAAP and IFRS/Local GAAP and SOX compliance
- Strong knowledge of personal computers and applications (including MS Office)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy while meeting strict deadlines
- Effectively manage time and priorities and work efficiently
- Self-motivated and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to take action in solving issues
- Strong customer service orientation: need good listening and communication skills
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com