North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 84082-en_US / 84082
Analyst, Client Strategy – 84082
Analytics – USA New York, New York
ABOUT THIS JOB
Nielsen is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. Our approach marries proprietary Nielsen data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. For more than 90 years Nielsen has provided data and analytics based on scientific rigor and innovation, continually developing new ways to answer the most important questions facing the media, advertising, retail and fast-moving consumer goods industries. An S&P 500 company, Nielsen has operations in over 100 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population.
The Analyst on the Digital Client Strategy team focusing on Nielsen Marketing Cloud, Digital Ad Ratings, Total Ad Ratings, and related products. An Analyst, Digital Client Strategy should have basic knowledge in digital and/or traditional advertising, strong MS Office Skills, enough technical understanding and industry knowledge to strategically discuss advertising measurement needs with clients, deliver impactful analysis and research, and develop client relationships from excellent consulting and client management performance.
- Become an expert in Nielsen’s audience measurement solutions, particularly Nielsen Marketing Cloud, Digital Ad Ratings, and Total Ad Ratings.
- Gain a larger understanding of client advertising goals and strategies, and learn how best to incorporate client business needs within Nielsen measurement and reporting.
- Create in-depth research reports through hands-on data query and analysis of complex databases with the support of more senior team members
- Observe client product demonstrations that highlight the value the solution brings to the client and grow presentation skills based on learnings
- Work with Client Managers, Nielsen Marketing Cloud Sales, Engineering and Product teams to deliver recommendations that wrap around our offerings
- Ensure the integrity of data collected by completing quality control process on all deliverables
- Respond to ongoing and ad-hoc client research requests
- 1-3 years of experience in advertising, marketing or media research (Client, Agency or Research/Publisher vendor experience). Media planning or buying experience preferred, especially digital media.
- Bachelor’s degree. Focus on marketing/market research, statistics, economics, other social sciences or quantitative fields preferred.
- Strong quantitative, data tabulation, analytic thinking and data mining skills
- Effective organizational skills providing the ability to multi-task and meet all deadlines assigned
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Most importantly – a willingness to learn and grow in a fast paced, ever evolving tech environment
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: MN – St. Louis Park, IL – Chicago, ,