North America / United States / IL / Chicago
#: 85025-en_US / 85025
Modeling Analyst – 85025
Analytics – USA Chicago, Illinois
Modeling Analyst-Chicago, IL (secondary locations: Wilton, CT & San Francisco, CA)
As a Modeling Analyst within the Plan & Optimize organization, you will build and analyze regression models (marketing mix models) for Clorox, designed to understand the historical relationships between marketing spending and sales. You will work closely with our Customer Success team and the client to address business questions.
- Establish quantitative models that meet advertisers’ research objectives
- Evaluate the models for statistical quality
- Write SAS code to read input data and present results in business meaningful formats
- Assess the impact of marketing activities (media, coupons, pricing, etc.) and other factors on business performance
- Partner with our customer success team to ensure models are informed by industry trends
- Communicate with client contacts to incorporate their feedback into the models
- Bachelor degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Significant coursework or degree in quantitative fields such as Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Business (with quantitative emphasis)
- 0-3 years of prior work experience
- A technical foundation that includes a conceptual understanding of modeling techniques and a grasp of statistics utilizing programing languages such as SAS
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
No Visa Sponsorship
About the Team:
Nielsen Media Plan & Optimize uses cutting edge technology and industry leading data science to tackle some of the hardest problems in marketing science. We empower advertisers, publishers and agencies with the intelligence they need to drive revenue, increase market share, and optimize their audiences and investments. Our goal is to provide reaction measurement at unprecedented speed and scale.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: , , ,