Asia Pacific / Australia / / Macquarie Park
Technology & Engineering
#: 72723-en_US / 72723
Analyst Programmer – 72723
Technology and Engineering – Australia Macquarie Park, New South Wales
About the role
Plans and performs analysis, development and supports the television rating data delivery systems, processes and procedure.
- Able to exercise application development expertise in key areas to deliver business optimization by improving or re-engineering application architecture.
- Develop, and maintain, a heightened sense of awareness in terms of business:
- Able to analyse the flow of work within specific systems and make recommendations for relevant modifications.
- Liaise and coordinate with other departments during systems studies for applications, and act as a consultant for development.
- Prepares detailed specifications for large and/or complex system development or modification.
- Establish programming schedules, coordinate activities, oversee and carry out programming activities.
- Analyse specifications to determine design and schedules for program development.
- Write large and/or complex programs, in appropriate languages.
- Check, test and debug programs.
- Direct and carry out ad hoc analysis and validation of production systems and data.
- Offer support, inside and outside of business hours, to the ratings data production environment. This will involve participating in an on-call rotational roster.
- Commercial experience and must have knowledge in PHP and Django
- Exposure to REST API design and development
- Exposure to Python
- Exposure in AWS services and application development: Athena
- Knowledge and experience with Linux and bash scripting. Systems
- Database queries (SQL), development and database design
- Working knowledge of source control such as Git
- Experience with XML.
- Project Management to the constraints of scope, quality, time and cost.
- Detailed knowledge of established programming procedures and programming languages
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Macquarie Park,New South Wales