India / India / GJ / Vadodara /
#: 743999733234349 / REF1785R
ABOUT THIS JOB
In 100 countries around the world, Nielsen provides clients the most complete understanding of what consumers watch and buy. As a global leader in measurement and information, we believe providing our clients a precise understanding of the consumer is the key to making the right decisions — decisions that can lead to profitable growth. At Nielsen, we’re always innovating to keep pace with emerging market trends and the increasingly diverse, demanding and connected consumer. After nearly a century, we’re more focused and skilled than ever at providing the complete view of what consumers watch and buy through powerful insights that clarify the relationship between content and commerce. Whether our clients are in media, consumer packaged goods, telecom or advertising, our expansive data and measurement capabilities provide market context and confidence through our long history of innovation and integrity.
Purpose of the role:
● Turn millions of data points into useful information & insights that help our clients to make better decisions on their marketing mix and achieve superior results.
● Be part of the future and join in on one of the major transformations in the market research industry with the integration of big data and classic marketing mix analysis.
● Independent execution of projects in the space of Price & Promotion Every Day Analytics (EDA)
● Build and share expertise on EDA production within the team and beyond.
● Proactively identify opportunities to improve modelling practices and processes.
● Supporting Junior Analysts during their project work.
● Develop and maintain effective cooperation with peers and other teams (i.e. Data Science,
Operations/ETL Technical teams)
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
● Passion for data, analytics and new technologies.
● Principles of statistical data analysis
● Experience working within IT environment / monitoring IT processes
● Autonomous & Curious (Huge willingness for learning and discovering new areas).
● Strong Project & Time Management
● Ability to work under pressure.
● Problem Solving attitude
● A TEAM PLAYER, ability to work in virtual global environment
● Fluency in English
● Good SAS Knowledge. SAS Macro Programming knowledge will be a plus.
● Basic knowledge of SQL is preferable.
● Min. 2-6 years of relevant experience (knowledge of Nielsen and AAC products, services and data is a plus)
● M.Sc. / M.A – Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Sciences or another relevant numerical discipline
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com