Asia Pacific / Australia / / Macquarie Park
Technology & Engineering
#: 108340-en_US / 108340
Application Development Manager – 108340
Technology and Engineering – Australia Macquarie Park, New South Wales
ABOUT THE ROLE
The International User Interfaces team is responsible for the complete product suite serving our International client base. Our tools are syndicated analytical and reporting tools working with new and traditional Media data : Television, Radio, Digital Online, Press, Cinema, Outdoor and other minor. As part of this team you will have the possibility to work in a young multicultural high performance environment that will give you the possibility to work with other teams in the Nielsen Media business space.
The Technical Lead is ultimately responsible for the execution of project product deliverables coordinating all technology’s activities : starting from the project’s onboard until post launch support and including development, testing and user acceptance. It is expected to coordinate, support and work with multiple delocalized project teams in multiple regions. The Technical Lead reports to the Organization Technology Manager and cooperates with Product, Commercial, Architecture and Technical Support teams to ensure new product launches and existing deployments are satisfying our International client base in 37+ countries.
- Lead technical teams to deliver quality software on commitments.
- Actively engage in technology & design decision making.
- Troubleshooting, root cause, and fixing problems in a blameless environment
- Drive and support proof of concept/technology to assist technology evaluation
- Manage and mentor teams of developers
- Review code and champion best practices across the team.
- Ensure the maintainability and quality of code
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor degree in computer science or a related field. (Mathematical is considered a plus).
- Min 10 years industry experience in software development.
- Min 5 years industry experience in coordination/management role (virtual teams is a plus)
- Scrum Agile development experience (RAD, XP, LEAN, FDD, KANBAN are a plus) and TDD.
- Relational database systems (MS SQL Server, Postgres, Oracle)
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design for performance, scalability and high availability. Test-Driven Development and testing frameworks
- Experience with Amazon AWS cloud and DevOps tools (Ansible,Terraform are considered an asset)
- Good knowledge of major Operating Systems and distro (Windows, RedHat)
- Must have a CAN-DO attitude
ABOUT THE TEAM
Nielsen Media would not function without our Technology teams! We are catalysts for delivery quality, on-time, reliable measurements to clients, and we are cultivators, growing our employees through education, skill building and experiences. Around the globe, our Technology teams are relentless in our pursuit of superior analytics, technology, process and support.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Macquarie Park,New South Wales