Asia Pacific / Singapore / / Singapore
Marketing & Communications
#: 88386-en_US / 88386
Asia Pacific Marketing Communications Leader – 88386
Marketing and Communications – Singapore
About The Role
The International Marcoms team protects and builds the reputation of Nielsen’s brand and supports the highest value revenue opportunities. We do this by clear and creative marketing and communications campaigns that engage and educate our associates and external audiences. We generate commercial leads, help tell smart stories and create demand for our products and services.
Our International Marcoms Leader will have three regional leaders reporting directly to them. They are all responsible for leading the management, design, build of Measurement, Outcomes, and Content strategies in their region. In order for our International business to grow, they need to prioritize projects and as a lean organization, this will be critical. They will also serve as a crisis escalation path.
- To achieve business goals you are accountable for your team creating a regional marketing and communications strategy across our business units, Measurement, Outcomes and Content.
- You will be supporting the team to plan and execute various brand marketing initiatives to enhance Nielsen’s brand presence
- Trusted advisor to leadership, business challenger and relationship builder
- Seeks transparency and simplicity in ALL communications internally and externally
- Know, own, protect and improve our company’s position and what we stand for
- Always look at the bigger picture and for revenue opportunities
- Drive team to measure the impact of our efforts, document steps, and processes for maximum efficiency, be creative and strive to always think differently
- Develop and manage a regional budget to deliver business and brand outcomes
- Develop and lead team’s skills in crisis management, content writing, sales enablement, business to marcoms strategies, RFP support, public relations, event management and communications
- Leverage all marcoms capabilities in strategies: demand gen, webinars, thought leadership, events
- Drive collaboration with regional leaders, COE resources, agencies
- Manage a team
- Minimum of 10+ years experience in B2B Marketing, Media, and/or Sales
- Confident communicator with exceptional attention to detail, along with the proven ability to consistently make sound judgments and an ability to address business and technical audiences
- Experience leading multi-practice teams toward a common deliverable on frequently accelerated timeframes
- Strong collaborator and mentor with the ability to bring out the best in talent and effectively motivate and manage teams
- Excellent organization, project management and problem-solving skills
- Amazing writing and PowerPoint/Slides skills and be able to tell a cohesive story through a narrative or a deck
- Must be intellectually curious and collaborative, “humble, hungry and smart” with a strong work ethic
- Relationship building skills with the ability to interface with senior executives and experts across the organization
Be able to cultivate relationships inside and outside the organization
Work independently on a small team with a tremendous amount of responsibility
Be able to work in a dynamic environment where new projects and pop-up often
About The Team
At Nielsen, diversity and inclusion are integral parts of the organization’s DNA. By diversity, we mean far more than the diversity you can see; we value diversity of thought, experiences, skills and backgrounds. As part of the Nielsen Media Marcoms team, we have the ability to create a culture of inclusion—whereby we value, encourage and promote the various thoughts, opinions and insights of our diverse workforce that enable us to grow and continuously provide clients with innovative solutions.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Singapore